Lt. Commander
# 11
07-15-2011, 02:08 PM
41 50s! wowzers. I only had one 50 (a mace/jump tank named Boilermaker) and a few other various alts. I got tired of CoH when CoV came out as I was not interested in being evil. CoH is going F2P? Might go back if that happens just to see what has changed in the last five years.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I honestly started losing interest when Incarnate stuff started flooding the game. For years they marketed CoH as a game to encourage alts. So many power choices, so many character slots. It was easy to get a toon to 50, IO them out and just take them out when needed.

Now the system favors people with few 50s and I can't bring myself to abandon 90% of my toons. I understand they're making it easier soon. Just way too much work IMO, not for something that should be a pass time.

STO is simple, I log, I kill some time, I logoff. Nothing currently has me left behind if I don't devote 15 hours a day. Even the new doff system won't require much time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
I honestly started losing interest when Incarnate stuff started flooding the game. For years they marketed CoH as a game to encourage alts. So many power choices, so many character slots. It was easy to get a toon to 50, IO them out and just take them out when needed.

Now the system favors people with few 50s and I can't bring myself to abandon 90% of my toons. I understand they're making it easier soon. Just way too much work IMO, not for something that should be a pass time.

STO is simple, I log, I kill some time, I logoff. Nothing currently has me left behind if I don't devote 15 hours a day. Even the new doff system won't require much time.
I liked the sub 50 stuff but the incarnate is too much for me and I considered them like the "temp" powers. They weren't very powerful but I was grinding a lot for threads and especially shards. I understood the dilemma with the characters from day 1 so I focused on just a few but with incarnate stuff they were requiring constant attention.

But back to STO, I look forward to new content. Season 4 looks exciting. I'll probably do some all weekends in the immediate 30 days to get my characters up and running. I read the "Needs of the Many" novel last year and I'm really hoping to stick it to the Undine when the time comes....
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
CapnBludd,

Do you have direct control of all of these characters on your ship?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...ewjpublish.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentX View Post
CapnBludd,

That would be her boff list on her ship, you can only take 4 down to ground missions. AFAIK there is no limit to boffs, not sure though, I've only purchased the extra boff slots twice on two different toons.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentX View Post
CapnBludd,

To answer that question, it depends on how many Bridge Officer (BOff) slots your captain has. You get 8(?) normally through gameplay, but you can purchase more in the C-Store. You can't use them all simultaneously, but you can switch between them whenever you want for ship stations or ground assignments.

Edit: It's also why character slots are sparse unless you pay extra for more. Each captain character has:
  • his or her information (stats)
  • the info for all of your costumes
  • info for all of your BOffs (and their costumes)
  • info for all of your ships (and their skins/ costumes)
  • your inventory
  • your bank
  • etc.
Each character takes up quite a bit of space on the databse due to all the extra baggage.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I got to spacedock today. Lot of stuff here. I'm taking a break here because I need to explore this area next time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a few questions about my play yesterday. The game was okay but I had a few knocks.

1. What's with the delayed teleports/warps? I would beam or warp and I enter the game but it takes like 30-1 minute for the rest of ME to come through. The first time it happened, I walked almost to the other side of the room in the first person before I was pulled back to the starting block. I would much prefer a "loading" screen with a status bar to this.

2. Sometimes the missions don't come up. I did one mission where I had to warp somewhere. I had to go all around the cluster until the mission came through. Did I do something wrong? Is warping to a system auto or do I initiate it? I mean I know you have to click the "continue" but I'm wondering if the mish was there and I didn't see it or if the system pushed it to me after a certain time. I kept getting "do you want to plot a new course message" numerous times when I ran to the edge of the sector until the warp instructions popped up for me to accept.

3. I'm at the Starbase now. Can I get an Enterprise E Starship? Also, will I get access in the game to quantum and photon torpedoes? I guess/know I have access to Phasers and Photon's now, right? Can I tractor beam enemies to hold and do more damage?

Finally, I deleted my old character I made last month and created a Vulcan Tactical officer. I want to be ready when the Psionic Tricycles come
Lt. Commander
I love the solo and team feel. Some missions I did I had others in them but If wanted to do by myself I warped out and warped back in...very nice.