Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
07-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
We've talked about the Ambassador lately.
with all the hype lately about Andrew Probert's design...

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...obias-richter/
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...ine-tech-fold/

was there any talk about including that one as a *variant* to the official ship from TNG?



Actually i would go a step further:
I would love to see a cooperation between Cryptic and... whoever makes the "Ships of the Line" Calender.
Those new Ships are allways so awesome, yet never make it beyond a Poster and some jpegs on DrexFiles.

How awesome would it be, for both parties involved to get those ships into a Videogame?

-> more exposure for the SOTL calendar
-> more *soft-canon* ships to STO.

Do it! Do it! Do it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
I know you might not be able to answer my question (be it because you don't know it, it is not decided, or you just can't) but any news if the new Kling variants will be free, C-Store or a bit of both? (They are "just" costumes, right?)
I'm not allowed to give you any details b ut here's what I can tell you.

It's MORE than just a costume. I'm very excited about how much more than a costume it is. I cannot disclose details of what the MORE will be, but it won't be gimmicky and should be worth while IMO.

It will be c-store, there are no exceptions to this that I'm aware of, besides players that might buy the unlock in the cstore, and then sell or trade it to other players in game for credits or emblems or something... I'm unclear and completely unconnected to the details on that. This will probably incite riots. I have zero influence on this issue though so I beg you not to yell at me, instead start a thread yelling at DStahl, Atari, Perfect World or CBS


If the team was larger than just me, there would be more free variants. As soon as I get a guy on my team I'm dedicating him entirely to KDF variants for free, unless I am commanded otherwise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
07-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
with all the hype lately about Andrew Probert's design...

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...obias-richter/
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...ine-tech-fold/

was there any talk about including that one as a *variant* to the official ship from TNG?



Actually i would go a step further:
I would love to see a cooperation between Cryptic and... whoever makes the "Ships of the Line" Calender.
Those new Ships are allways so awesome, yet never make it beyond a Poster and some jpegs on DrexFiles.

How awesome would it be, for both parties involved to get those ships into a Videogame?

-> more exposure for the SOTL calendar
-> more *soft-canon* ships to STO.

Do it! Do it! Do it!
good idearssss!! There hasn't been any talk of this yet. Lets talk about getting the ambassador in first.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
07-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I am with you!!! ok crazy mob put down the torches and pitch forks :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
07-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
It will be c-store, there are no exceptions to this that I'm aware of, besides players that might buy the unlock in the cstore, and then sell or trade it to other players in game for credits or emblems or something... I'm unclear and completely unconnected to the details on that. This will probably incite riots. I have zero influence on this issue though so I beg you not to yell at me, instead start a thread yelling at DStahl, Atari, Perfect World or CBS
well, c-store or not, more variants and customizations for the ships are better, for both sides i understand people will be peeved about it being c-store, but the haters gotta get over that, because only trashing it is not gonna get anyone anywhere
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
while I am disappointed that they will be C-store. I do support the C-store model and will most likely buy them and hopefully help fuel the creation of more C-store content for klingons
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
good idearssss!! There hasn't been any talk of this yet. Lets talk about getting the ambassador in first.
In case no one has mentioned it yet, remember there are two Ambassador Classes. One from the Enterprise C era, and a later upgraded version from the TNG timeline. Most of the changes are fairly subtle (saucer positioning, engine placement) but there are a couple of really recognizable changes on the Bussard Collectors, the Deflector Dish, and the Excelsior-Style "Fish Tail" under the aft shuttlebay.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ambassador.htm
(scroll down a little to see the Enterprise vs Yamaguchi comparisons)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
07-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I'm not allowed to give you any details b ut here's what I can tell you.

It's MORE than just a costume. I'm very excited about how much more than a costume it is. I cannot disclose details of what the MORE will be, but it won't be gimmicky and should be worth while IMO.
More than just costumes? Now I'm really interested and I'm looking forward to read/see more of it. So many cool things in the next months...


Quote:
It will be c-store, there are no exceptions to this that I'm aware of, besides players that might buy the unlock in the cstore, and then sell or trade it to other players in game for credits or emblems or something... I'm unclear and completely unconnected to the details on that. This will probably incite riots. I have zero influence on this issue though so I beg you not to yell at me, instead start a thread yelling at DStahl, Atari, Perfect World or CBS
Meh not the answer I wanted to hear but the one I expected. :/ Oh well it's not your fault. I can only hope sooner or later there will be a way to get it ingame. Anyway thanks for the answer.



While we are at it since the first patch today the Aegis shield visual is broken on my DSSV. If they are enabled there is a blue area in the back of my ship between the nancelles. If I zoom in the blue area vanishs and is replaced by the normal correct costume. If I zoom out the area gets bigger. If I unequip the Aegis shield (or turn visuals off) everything is fine again. Also the visual angle is important. If I see it from the side (exact horizontal plane) the blue area can't be seen and the more I go up the bigger the area. Also I see some red/yellow dots which seem to be inside my ship. Already sent a ticket for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
07-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
More than just costumes? Now I'm really interested and I'm looking forward to read/see more of it. So many cool things in the next months...




Meh not the answer I wanted to hear but the one I expected. :/ Oh well it's not your fault. I can only hope sooner or later there will be a way to get it ingame. Anyway thanks for the answer.



While we are at it since the first patch today the Aegis shield visual is broken on my DSSV. If they are enabled there is a blue area in the back of my ship between the nancelles. If I zoom in the blue area vanishs and is replaced by the normal correct costume. If I zoom out the area gets bigger. If I unequip the Aegis shield (or turn visuals off) everything is fine again. Also the visual angle is important. If I see it from the side (exact horizontal plane) the blue area can't be seen and the more I go up the bigger the area. Also I see some red/yellow dots which seem to be inside my ship. Already sent a ticket for it.
Yes, this is a really annoying problem. Fixing the flickering caused the borg and aegis materials to draw through other parts of ships when the cam gets pulled out. Looking in to this right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
07-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I'm not allowed to give you any details b ut here's what I can tell you.

It's MORE than just a costume. I'm very excited about how much more than a costume it is. I cannot disclose details of what the MORE will be, but it won't be gimmicky and should be worth while IMO.

It will be c-store, there are no exceptions to this that I'm aware of, besides players that might buy the unlock in the cstore, and then sell or trade it to other players in game for credits or emblems or something... I'm unclear and completely unconnected to the details on that. This will probably incite riots. I have zero influence on this issue though so I beg you not to yell at me, instead start a thread yelling at DStahl, Atari, Perfect World or CBS


If the team was larger than just me, there would be more free variants. As soon as I get a guy on my team I'm dedicating him entirely to KDF variants for free, unless I am commanded otherwise.
I love you so much.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 AM.