Lt. Commander
# 61
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
It's MORE than just a costume. I'm very excited about how much more than a costume it is. I cannot disclose details of what the MORE will be, but it won't be gimmicky and should be worth while IMO.

It will be c-store, there are no exceptions to this that I'm aware of, besides players that might buy the unlock in the cstore, and then sell or trade it to other players in game for credits or emblems or something... I'm unclear and completely unconnected to the details on that. This will probably incite riots. I have zero influence on this issue though so I beg you not to yell at me, instead start a thread yelling at DStahl, Atari, Perfect World or CBS
Imma yell at you for being fricken awesome! Then imma yell some more (for joy) if you... err... unintentionally... leak these on TRIBBLE. :p

There's nothing that desirable to buy in the C-Store for the KDF so I'm glad to see something potentially good come our way.
Lt. Commander
# 62
07-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
I'm not allowed to give you any details b ut here's what I can tell you.

It's MORE than just a costume. I'm very excited about how much more than a costume it is. I cannot disclose details of what the MORE will be, but it won't be gimmicky and should be worth while IMO.

It will be c-store, there are no exceptions to this that I'm aware of, besides players that might buy the unlock in the cstore, and then sell or trade it to other players in game for credits or emblems or something... I'm unclear and completely unconnected to the details on that. This will probably incite riots. I have zero influence on this issue though so I beg you not to yell at me, instead start a thread yelling at DStahl, Atari, Perfect World or CBS
Indeed, since as it is, Ships are completely untradable. Not as in "Bound", but as in, there is no mechanic whatsover for the transfer, auction, sale, etc of a ship. Once you have it, your only option is to dismiss it; And you can't even get EC from that, it's a pure disposal.

To beat a dead horse I've hit before, this is something DStahl or whomever really needs to comment on and clarify. It makes no sense, beyond being a shameless money grab.

Quote:
IIf the team was larger than just me, there would be more free variants. As soon as I get a guy on my team I'm dedicating him entirely to KDF variants for free, unless I am commanded otherwise.
This is good to hear, though. Rope up some interns, can't be too hard.
Lt. Commander
# 63
07-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Glad to see the happy feedbacks.

About the flickery texture. I just sat down with MHighison, and 2 guys from the Tech Art team and we figured out a solution for the borg and Aegis materials.

Previously they all just flickered on and off and looked like *****. That got fixed, but made the borg look like a drab army green nacelle with no glow... Then THAT got fixed and made a bunch of unintened UV layouts to draw THOUGH ship geometry in unintended ways...

now THAT is fixed. It will no longer flicker, everything will glow, and nothing will draw through geometry.

This is a huge failure of testing on my part... I apologize. Next time a patch is released this will be fixed. Sadly I do not know when this will be... it could be as late as August. In the meantime, enjoy the lack of flickering lol!
Lt. Commander
# 64
07-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
Indeed, since as it is, Ships are completely untradable. Not as in "Bound", but as in, there is no mechanic whatsover for the transfer, auction, sale, etc of a ship. Once you have it, your only option is to dismiss it; And you can't even get EC from that, it's a pure disposal.

To beat a dead horse I've hit before, this is something DStahl or whomever really needs to comment on and clarify. It makes no sense, beyond being a shameless money grab.

This is good to hear, though. Rope up some interns, can't be too hard.
I agree with you fully on how lame it is that it's a pure throw away. I'll see if I can get a response out of Dan about this. It might just be how it is though.

I wish we weren't on hiring freeze right now. I could use some slave labour mwahahahahahahah!!!
Lt. Commander
# 65
07-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post

With the C-Store ships, though, you can claim them as many times as you want on every character on yor account... so what would stop people from flooding the market with unlimited ships?

Unless you bind C-Store ships toe a captain at time of purchase (which would defeat the purpose of trading), the only other way is to make ship sales once per character... and that would make a simple money grab an enormous money grab :p
Lt. Commander
# 66
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
With the C-Store ships, though, you can claim them as many times as you want on every character on yor account... so what would stop people from flooding the market with unlimited ships?

Unless you bind C-Store ships toe a captain at time of purchase (which would defeat the purpose of trading), the only other way is to make ship sales once per character... and that would make a simple money grab an enormous money grab :p

You call it a money grab but some would call it running a business
Lt. Commander
# 67
07-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
I wish we weren't on hiring freeze right now. I could use some slave labour mwahahahahahahah!!!
Is it considered "Hiring" if they don't get paid?
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Is it considered "Hiring" if they don't get paid?
Not sure... probably. As far as the tax man is considered probably. I think we're just holding off on hirings and stuff because of the perfect world/ Atari business.
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Also,

Did the Luna Nacelle fix get rolled out to you guys today?

to those of you with Borg engines, are they working properly for you now?
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Also,

Did the Luna Nacelle fix get rolled out to you guys today?

to those of you with Borg engines, are they working properly for you now?
I would have to look but to tell you the truth...if it isn't fixed on my Comet variant but on other ones, I shall be mighty miffed.... Did you check all the variants of the ships?...I have not been on since the patch rolled out.

BTW since we are on the topic of ships...what's the ETA on the KDF ship skins?....are they free or are they c-store again?