Lt. Commander
# 1 /bind_load_file and null
02-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Now that I did some custom mapping and binding I did a /bind_save_file this is the result

Quote:
Rightdrag "(null)"
Rbutton "++CamMouseLook"
Z "InteractWindow"
Leftdrag "+CamRotate"
Shift+r "(null)"
Shift+e "GenSendMessage Throttle_FullImpulse_Button FullThrottle"
F "Target_Enemy_Near"
Delete "(null)"
End "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
Control+space "(null)"
c "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps"
Mousechord "(null)"
Button4 "+camTurnToFace"
T "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_0"
G "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_1"
B "GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_2"
When you do a /bind_load_file on this I now get Unkown Command "(null)" when I do a Right Drag ot Shift+r. if I remove these line when I load the file all the null set binding revert back to the default ket bindings. for example Shift+r gets set back to FullImpulse.

Anyone know what I can do to get rid of the Unknown command "(null)"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Try replacing Shift+r "(null)" with Shift+r "" or Shift+r " " and see if it makes a difference?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurenbo
Try replacing Shift+r "(null)" with Shift+r "" or Shift+r " " and see if it makes a difference?
Yep both worked well

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Couldn't find any other info on this, so pardon the reply to a year old thread. However, I just had this happen to me while loading a space bind file.

Left and Right click all of a sudden started giving me the Unkown Command "(null)" message.

After reading this post, I went and opened my bind saved file and changed these two entries:
Quote:
Rbutton "(null)"
Lbutton "(null)"
To:
Quote:
Rbutton " "
Lbutton " "
Saved it and then loaded it and it solved the problem.

Does anyone know what causes this to happen to either get it fixed or at least avoid it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I reported this back in beta and yep, it's still there!

You are absolutely correct. The specific problem is that blank values are saved as "(null)" but when imported, the text is imported as a command. (null) isn't a valid command. (the quotes are ignored as they contain the command) So yeah, inbetween bind saves you have to clean these up.

You can just delete the line if you don't care about the existing bind. But if you are actually clearing the bind, this is the method.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
I reported this back in beta and yep, it's still there!

You are absolutely correct. The specific problem is that blank values are saved as "(null)" but when imported, the text is imported as a command. (null) isn't a valid command. (the quotes are ignored as they contain the command) So yeah, inbetween bind saves you have to clean these up.

You can just delete the line if you don't care about the existing bind. But if you are actually clearing the bind, this is the method.
Thanks, I opened the files up in html-kit and quickly replaced all the "(null)" entries with just " " and loaded them in game. I'll do that whenever I change my hotkeys around, thanks for the tips!

Partially on topic, is there a command line to put back in a hotkey for Rearange HUD? When you remap F12, you loose the ability to rebind Rearange HUD in the game as it appears no where (I reported this too in Beta and in Release). Wondering if adding it manually in the bind file, set to a different key, and loading it in game would restore its full function?

If so, do you know what the line would be to input?