Lt. Commander
# 1 New Infected STF Equipment
07-14-2011, 04:24 AM
I led a group earlier today on Infected and felt I wasted 3 hours. We got to Becky just fine, but some of the group couldn't kill Borg fast. We failed it when 3 of them quit. The group was 2 tacs, 2 eng, and me the sci.

Here's the equipment I was told by a buddy to bring:

1. Shotgun
2. Sniper Rifle/High Density Beam Rifle
3. Personal Armor and Personal Shields with plasma resists
4. Starship Shields with plasma resists
5. Bunker Eng Kit
6. Medic Sci Kit (If you have the Borg Medic Kit from Cure on another toon that isn't science gathering dust in your bank, mail it to your science toon)
7. If you have it...TR-116 Rifle (Borg can't adapt to bullets)
8. Melee weapon if you want.
9. remodulator (Thanks Latinumbar)

If I missed anything please post it.

Edit: Becky does antiproton damage?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2011, 02:16 PM
According to the combat log, Rebecca does antiproton damage. Unfortunately, I have never seen armor or personal shields with just these 2 resists. So pick your poison, so to speak. I ended up going with the all energy damage resist on my armor.

Oh, and obviously bring a remodulator and lots of hypos.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
I led a group earlier today on Infected and felt I wasted 3 hours. We got to Becky just fine, but some of the group couldn't kill Borg fast. We failed it when 3 of them quit. The group was 2 tacs, 2 eng, and me the sci.

Here's the equipment I was told by a buddy to bring:

1. Shotgun
2. Sniper Rifle/High Density Beam Rifle
3. Personal Armor and Personal Shields with plasma resists
4. Starship Shields with plasma resists
5. Bunker Eng Kit
6. Medic Sci Kit (If you have the Borg Medic Kit from Cure on another toon that isn't science gathering dust in your bank, mail it to your science toon)
7. If you have it...TR-116 Rifle (Borg can't adapt to bullets)
8. Melee weapon if you want.
9. remodulator (Thanks Latinumbar)

If I missed anything please post it.

Edit: Becky does antiproton damage?
for 1 & 2 I would say Sniper Rifle first and as secondary Shotgun or High-Density Beam. With the current range system sniper rifles are just the best choice as primary weapon. You may also want to consider a Compression Pistol as secondary weapon for the boss fight. They now have a +10 repel for their compression shot which should be enough for the tactical drones and it fires much faster than the rifles. Screw the adaption, you just want to push them

3. The plasma resistance is nice but in no way necessary. Try to get a good Energy Dampening Armor, maybe one that gives + to your Hitpoints also and the [Reg]x3 shield. With that you can take cover and your shield will come back to full within seconds.

4. Same here, plasma resistance is nice but in no way necessary. If you already have the Borg shield and want to create a setup for it, sure but with the Borg spitting Shield neutralizers left and right you can't really rely on your shields and hull heals and resists are much more important.

5 & 6. Sure, why not.

7. May be nice, but single shot weapons do the job just fine. Remodulation is not really such a pain as some people claim.

8. Eh, they can assimilate you in close combat. Why take the risk? The Borg are slow moving zombies and you can even kill Elite Tactical Drones with some focus fire now.

9. Yeah Remodulators. I still can't believe that there is no info in the game for newbies to tell them about the Remodulator. The Tutorial itself gives contrary information with the older Borg. There should be free bags full of Remodulators at every corner on ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2011, 04:19 PM
I have good experience with a squad leader kit as a tac we just stayed in the middle and fired everything off looked at my health and shields all still full after a minute :| I was crouched behind the railings near the door.

Oh and my weapons
Polaron MK X sniper
Anitproton MK X sniper

just spammed my tac abilities really... I've done this twice this week and have to say despite what's been said on the forums both times done best in the middle.

Oh and we didn't have weapons malfunction we opted for bunker kits

EDIT: I fully support some form of mission where the use of the remodulator is explained, maybe meanwhile someone could do something with the foundry? it's been my experience that you'l nearly always find someone not using it/not having it in your team basically means we have one less player

oh and I have to say I've seen a lot of people who refuse to use anything but miniguns for STF's which really is just as bad imho you get one shot of the secondary fire then you have to remodulate... maybe not even one as they could adapt half way through.

EDIT 2: Cryo-grenades work on Rebecca they really slow her down so the chain attack isn't as frequent, sadly the ferengi didn't have any my second trip and I didn't have time to redo the mission

EDIT 3: I really hope this is the final edit one major piece of advice for the boss room in general is clearing the room first, makes thing much smoother can usually get all 4 down with the first at about 1/3 progress it also puts less pressure on your 2 middle men as they just have to pick off the re-spawns

I'll try and post back if I can think of anything else I've found/remember