Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Completely understandable, but in practice, it makes for an impossible request. Can't report something that you don't know anything about.
But there are people that know about it, and they should report it, BigRedJedi is probably just hoping that anyone that hasn't gotten around that for various reasons (laziness, believing it to be pointless, thinking someone else did so, forgetfulness) do it ASAP, ensuring that it becomes an urgent matter. (Indicating: It bothers a lot of people, and a lot of people are apparently capable of using it - whether they do or not do.)
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
But there are people that know about it, and they should report it, BigRedJedi is probably just hoping that anyone that hasn't gotten around that for various reasons (laziness, believing it to be pointless, thinking someone else did so, forgetfulness) do it ASAP, ensuring that it becomes an urgent matter. (Indicating: It bothers a lot of people, and a lot of people are apparently capable of using it - whether they do or not do.)
^^This... There are a number of people that could give a very detailed description of 'what' the problem is (and, sadly, more than a few that can tell you 'how' to do it), however, Cryptic has made it abundantly clear that the extent of our 'public' reporting of any (but, especially, particularly severe) exploits should be limited to as basic a description as possible, and a reference to a detailed Bug Report.

I know that this does not give the type of details that many players (particularly, newer ones) would like to have, so they know what to look for, but Cryptic's concern (which does have some validity) is that 'outing' exploits simply leads to further abuse of them.

In other news, there seems to be another UI problem for Science Vessels and their innate subsystem targeting. If you add those powers to your tray, they seem to activate as normal (although, still affected by the slower-than-normal response that currently seems to be plaguing the UI); however, if you try to use the click-select buttons on your Weapon loadout display (when using any of the UI Tray options except 3), they rarely activate properly. (The icons are even locked out, at times.)

Also, other ship-specific abilities (Ablative, Saucer Sep, MVAM, etc.) seem to be suffering most severely from the UI 'click' issue... I find that I do not have nearly as much trouble, if I use keybinds, but trying to use the mouse feels very clunky, at the moment.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-13-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't know where to start. After new patch I found all my Hub's on every toon in a total mess. But this is not the worst. The worst thing is that everytime I'm trying to use any of my sci powers (like for example: HE, ST, PSW, GW, TSS, CPB, TB.....etc) I'm losing mark on my target. Because of this bug I can't heal none. I'v noticed also that this "thing" includes also some ENG powers like: ET, EXS, EMP to AUX.
It doesn't matter in what ship I'm or which faction I'm playing. This bug occurs on every of my toons and "assist target on attack" is set "on".

To illustrate you how much annoying this is, I have one example. Yesterday I was attacked in Kerrat by two BOP's spamming mines, GW and CPB. Everytime i tried to use TSS, HE PSW...or even enines / shield batteries I was losing mark on my target. One dude in Defiant tried to help me and they killed him because i couldn't heal him - again - every time I tried to use ST, HE or TSS on him, I was losing mark on him and i was receiving the heals.

I'ts strange cause before S4 nothing similar never happened to me.

Second Issue is that during red alert I can't use any of my target subsystems on my Inrepid. Icons are locked.

Practically these bugs don't allow me to play
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Updated with a few of the new concerns...

Oh, and for an earlier question about disabling Vivox, it's not in the Chat Settings, you actually have to go into the Sound Options (in the main Options window). There is a "Disable Voicechat" checkbox.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Updated with a few of the new concerns...

Oh, and for an earlier question about disabling Vivox, it's not in the Chat Settings, you actually have to go into the Sound Options (in the main Options window). There is a "Disable Voicechat" checkbox.

-Big Red
Thanks for all the great info and support big red. Since I've only been playing for a year, and honestly only "with it" for the past 6 months hearing about certain Harry potter villian bugs is quite concerning. As I researched the threads I see that we have had a strong history of bugs like this. I have to say that our community has some really cool kids, you know... Just want to have fun and make things bettter if we can. Knowing that there are players that would capitalize on this in the q's just makes me sad. Sad and angry. I do prett good out there most of the time but everyonce in a while get owned way too quick. Now I have to wonder if it's not only my build or piloting, but someone taking atvantage of a known broken mechanic.

Anywho, thanks again big red.

See you on the battlefield.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
[*]Assist targeting no longer working. (/heal Hale?... ... /heal Hale?... ... Oh, screw it, *launches Scramble Sensors 3 on self*... /target Hale )
Oh, good. I wondered why my heals didn't seem to be working.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Completely understandable, but in practice, it makes for an impossible request. Can't report something that you don't know anything about.
Simply put if you do something weird or something weird happens and you report it they will know if it is Voldemort or not. Trust me it is a unique thing that kinda stands out.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Reporting is good but the questions is when will it be fixed. The last Voldermort is still around and that supposedly was fixed also.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I do hope the Devs are reading this. I have noticed a control issue that seems to have cropped up after the patch on the 7/15/11. It has to do with using the keyboard to activate officer abilities, and it happens on the ground, and in space. Items slitted anywhere in tray 1, regardless of function, or being blank, will activate normally when a number key is pressed. An example is an energy weapon slotted in the #1 slot on tray #1. (0,1) When a repeat press of the same number key without any modifying keys (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) occurs, the power in the 2nd tray will activate (1,1), as though the CTRL key has been pressed. A third tap of the same number key without any modifiers (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) will result in the standard number activating (0,1). The alternating pattern continues as long as this goes on, and occurrs for any number being pressed on the first tray, that number key will alternate to the second tray. I found this when I tried to run Khitomer Accord with my fleeties, I tried to fire my torpedoes sloted to (0,4) and found myself running EPS Power Transfer (1,4).

Re-slotting those abilities does nothing, and is not localized to space, ground, or this particular character. I have examined my key binds, and with the exception of the PTT function, everything else is normal. I run an Alienware TactX keyboard and mouse combo, and although I find the macro keys and special keys for these devices are not entirely compatible, the standard functions of the keyboard and mouse work as they are intended...at least they did before Friday.

I am going to re-install the game, and see if this corrects the issue, but it doesn't look promising. I will follow up with the result. There are other issues similar to this in their "alternating" fashiion, but nothing I can find is identical. Then again, searching these forums isn't what I would describe as "intuitive" either. The website is not without its flaws.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-16-2011, 09:36 PM
UPDATE:

As I suspected, reinstalling the game did not resolve the keyboard issue. I eagerly await a patch.

Vice Admiral Sirak, U.S.S. Ursa.
Fleet Marine Force 3rd Battlegroup Commadore