Lt. Commander
# 1 Which ship
07-17-2011, 07:16 PM
as im new to the game (3 days playtime) and ive got 800 points to spend (didnt buy them i had already had the points) was wondering if i should buy the NX replica or the TOS enterprise. Any help on this matter would be appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd save the points, to be honest, as you'll only be using the starter ship for a short time and none of the C-Store ones adds anything that I find to be worthwhile. If you just want to be unique, perhaps consider the Oberth with its console that can be transferred.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2011, 08:11 PM
cant find the Oberth ship on there

EDIT ah i found the ship but its a science vessel and my class is tactical so would that really be any good for me?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Oberth has a console that is an auxiliary and shield buff. The original enterprise has blue phasers. Both items can be transferred to any of your ships. There is a mission where you can get blue phasers, but I am not sure if it is unique or not. I have the Connie (player name for original Enterprise) and I stripped the phasers off of it and like putting on the Aegis and Borg set items on it. The Connie gives great contrast for the Borg set items and I think the best response I have towards that combination is gleeful revulsion.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2011, 09:05 PM
I agree on saving your points unless you´re planning to spend more money on them. The alternative starter ships are nice, but no must have, after all you spend only a few hours in them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 12:39 AM
if you plan on rolling lots of characters or you just really, really want them then i personally would go for the TOS ship, because of the phasers that level with you. you can claim the ship and discharge it and then reclaim it and keep as many phasers you want. you cant sell them but if you end up with a cruiser and 6 beams you can have 6 phasers. they wont be as good as the one you get at end game but they are still pretty good.

also the connie has that classic feel and looks suitable different to the miranda, nx etc.

the oberth console is not that great and the nx has nothing that carries over.

in truth the advantages are not that special, so again if you really want one then its probably more about which ship you prefer visually.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 01:24 AM
the phasers on the Connie are a rare items and level with you, of corse they are not as powerful as the one from “Everything Old is New” mission or standard rare phasers. But you can get the ship as many times as you need to get the phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I agree on saving your points unless you´re planning to spend more money on them. The alternative starter ships are nice, but no must have, after all you spend only a few hours in them.
well ive been only been playing 3 days and im only lvl 4 and played a total of 13 hrs. And i dont mind the starter ship i think its kinda cool u can custermise it but the reason i wanted to know wat ship to get is ill never buy anymore C-Store points cos imo i think the store is ridiculous seeing as u are paying a sub to the game. Thx for all the replies though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Just note 2 things. You rank up at level 10 and get a new ship anyway, and if you decide to hang onto your points they do have sales on all the time, so you might be able to buy something else with it or even 2 ships/costumes. Up to you.