Lt. Commander
# 1151
07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
CapnLogan, thanks. But there's one more thing (I hate to sound like that person). The underside of the saucer shouldn't look like it does. It should be one 'bowl' like shape with one row of windows (being the only lit things). It's in the main summary page of this thread which contains the reference shots. In essence, the forward two rows of lights shouldn't exist (only the one closest to the aerowing shuttle).

That said, it definitely looks better.
And the registry should be shrunk and moved closer to the row of windows just fore of the Aeroshuttle.

There should also be windows to either side of the Aeroshuttle, as well as a little row of greeblies fore and aft of the Aeroshuttle.

The ventral surface of the saucer shouldn't be a 3 tiered superstructure. The centre area should be convex surrounded by a... Well... For lack of a better word, "moat" that separates it from the surrounding surface.

(Also, can the painted runway markings on the fantail be yellow instead of (what looks like) black?)

Just sayin' :3

Lt. Commander
# 1152
07-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
CapnLogan, thanks. But there's one more thing (I hate to sound like that person). The underside of the saucer shouldn't look like it does. It should be one 'bowl' like shape with one row of windows (being the only lit things). It's in the main summary page of this thread which contains the reference shots. In essence, the forward two rows of lights shouldn't exist (only the one closest to the aerowing shuttle).

Edit to add: The underside should look like this: ventral saucer. Right now, it looks like it has 3 wedges or planes stacked on top of each other. It should roughly look like the underside of a triangular spoon stacked under a much larger inverted spoon (the dorsal section of the saucer). Yes, they fashioned the ship after a spoon (ask the ship designers).

That said, it definitely looks better.
Yes, Thomas The Cat and I just sat down a few minutes ago and went over the list... we iddn't get to this yet because it'll take a bit more time than I have today. It's a fix I'm aware of though and I'll get to it when I have a spare hour.

*Angel - I'll try to squeeze those in when I get the time to re-work the "bowl"
Lt. Commander
# 1153
07-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
Yes, Thomas The Cat and I just sat down a few minutes ago and went over the list... we iddn't get to this yet because it'll take a bit more time than I have today. It's a fix I'm aware of though and I'll get to it when I have a spare hour.

Yay! My hero!
Lt. Commander
# 1154
07-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:

lol good gracious you're fast!

I was just re-hosting a broken image link for the first page so I could re-post it on this page (re: the yellow fantail markings. xD... I kept adding little bits to that post I made, probably didn't even see you posting after me. :3
Lt. Commander
# 1155
07-18-2011, 06:19 PM
is it just me or does the Aeroshuttle seem a bit "flat" at the very least, might we be able to get some details on it, or make it a tad 3Dish?

peter
Lt. Commander
# 1156
07-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
is it just me or does the Aeroshuttle seem a bit "flat" at the very least, might we be able to get some details on it, or make it a tad 3Dish?

peter
It was more 3d earlier this morning... i intentionally flattened it more to be in line with Canon references.

I have a physical Bandai model of it here in the office that I'm looking over... it's very very flat.

About the yellow striping - right now it will be the same color as the RCS thrusters... I can, however, shift the geometry off of the hull model and on to the 'decal' part of the model, and shrink the UV space down to a single pixel and just put it over one of the starfleet logo's on the decal texture sheet and it'll make 'em yellow.

**edit**

how's this?
Lt. Commander
# 1157
07-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
It was more 3d earlier this morning... i intentionally flattened it more to be in line with Canon references.

I have a physical Bandai model of it here in the office that I'm looking over... it's very very flat.
Soooooo many cool points to you for having the model of the Aeroshuttle.

GOD that's awesome.

Very true, though, as evidenced in the large picture I posted before, the bottom of the Aeroshuttle is quite flat; however, it does have some detail. (I think that it has the ship's registry and U.S.S. Voyager on either side of the fuselage)

Quote:
About the yellow striping - right now it will be the same color as the RCS thrusters... I can, however, shift the geometry off of the hull model and on to the 'decal' part of the model, and shrink the UV space down to a single pixel and just put it over one of the starfleet logo's on the decal texture sheet and it'll make 'em yellow.
Hmmm (Inner dialogue: Just go with it and pretend to understand. The last thing says it will make them yellow, so just say thank you and you are glad.)

Thank you, I'm very glad. ^.^
Lt. Commander
# 1158
07-18-2011, 07:05 PM
A shot of the Cochrane with fixed stretching... windows are fixed too

Lt. Commander
# 1159
07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:

Oh no that's cool,I was only basing it off the picture posted above (or previous page if this gets bumped). Where it appears to be extruding out a bit from the the 'mother ships' hull. And has more details to it.

Now if only we had a 3D model we could un-dock and fly around in of the Aeroshuttle & Waverider.

peter

Edit: just saw your more recent post & got me thinking. Do you have any plans on putting the red strips onto some of the other Cryptic Designed models as well or just the cannon ones?
Lt. Commander
# 1160
07-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Sorry to change the subject, I love the changes to the Intrepid however...Any chance the sovereign will get its decals? Or the Constitution refit getting some fixes?
Closed Thread