Lt. Commander
The forums banner, which uses STO's box art, has a couple of things that bother me and have since launch.

The Federation guy is using a phaser we don't have in-game.

BOTH the Federation guy and the Klingon have haircuts that don't exist in-game. As many character options as we have and no flowy/long Klingon hair or parted hair without bangs exist.

Just food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 06:05 AM
pretty sure i've seen that Phaser...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
pretty sure i've seen that Phaser...
I think its the feddy wde beam phaser pistol that some boff's start with, at least thats what the look reminds me of, its icon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2011, 06:10 AM
The phaser is actually the same as a hand phaser in-game, except with a shorter handle and/or blue hologram stuff around it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
The phaser is actually the same as a hand phaser in-game, except with a shorter handle and/or blue hologram stuff around it.
I wish they'd get rid of the hologram stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I wish they'd get rid of the hologram stuff.
AMEN I hate the blue hologram stuff I think it looks silly.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
BOTH the Federation guy and the Klingon have haircuts that don't exist in-game.
I too am disappointed by the lack of hairstyle options in game. Honestly clothing leaves much to be desired too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
AMEN I hate the blue hologram stuff I think it looks silly.
..and it doesn't seem to actually help with tagetting nor is it particularly helpful to operate in a stealthy manner.
I mean who's gonna sneak around in a dimmed city fighting <insert name of random NPC mobs here> looking like Dynamo from "Running Man"

http://www.dvd-forum.at/bilder/schni...e/860/sb76.JPG

or of you're just referring to the holograms on the weapons:
...running around with a weapon that looks like Dynamo from "Running Man":p
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2011, 09:27 AM
If we wanted to be nit-picky, we could say worse. For example: The Federation Officer does not have his thumb on the trigger, where it should be in combat - right?

But in the end: It's a piece of artwork. Artwork in games will often be slightly or hugely different from the game content. And this isn't even directly taken from the game. It is an artists redition; a drawing of what can be found in game. You do have humans and they do have phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
If we wanted to be nit-picky, we could say worse. For example: The Federation Officer does not have his thumb on the trigger, where it should be in combat - right?
Well to be even nitpickier (is this an actual word?): who's to say it must be fired with a thumb on the trigger?
Occasionally Starfleet weaponry is known to use a forefinger trigger, not a thumb trigger.
And when the weapon designers continue to curve the handle even more, you'd better have that thumb-trigger or you'll end up with a serious Tendinitis.