Lt. Commander
Hi all,

After a long wait for decent ground combat and the recent introduction of it i have finally bought this game.

So far its looking very nice, although i have found the feel of the game a bit claustophobic and not large in feel.

I'm sure that with time and a bit of advice here and there i will enjoy my time here.

Anyway

Durkran out
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Yeah. The game does get better as you level up. So keep that in mind. Though some things are lacking.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome to STO Durkran!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

For me, once i get to checkout this Duty Officer system i'll be bringing in a few newbies myself. It's pretty much at the point where i can recommend it to my friends.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Huzzah, more connon fodd... fresh me... new recruits!

New ground combat is awesome but if you struggle with it theres a thingy in my sig, CLICK IT!

Or, you know, ask around maybe, plenty of firendly chaps in The Academy if you need help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Yeah. The game does get better as you level up. So keep that in mind. Though some things are lacking.
like things to do.

don't buy into the hype of this new combat system. it seems as though the entire game has been dumbed down by it. endgame content that once took up to two hours now takes fifty minutes, though admittedly that's not due exclusively to the new combat.

i'm afraid if i ever play another STF i'll start breathing exclusively from the mouth

but you seriously feel claustrophobic in those hallways?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
don't buy into the hype of this new combat system. it seems as though the entire game has been dumbed down by it. endgame content that once took up to two hours now takes fifty minutes, though admittedly that's not due exclusively to the new combat.
Of course that could be why they are getting a re-vamp soon.. Just check out the tweet leaks, etc.

They still are a lot of fun right now, expec if you have a good group to go with.. Of course if no one likes you - it might be a bad time too.

- x -
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
but you seriously feel claustrophobic in those hallways?
I was wondering this myself. If anything the ship and station corridors are out of scale on the large side. The ceilings should be 10 feet at most, the ones in the game are easily 40. I realize this is done so the environment fills the screen without causing camera issues but it makes me feel as if I'm walking in a ship built for giants.