Lt. Commander
# 1 New PC help please
07-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I wonder if anyone could give me a little bit of advice please? Just had my old PC die on me, rather then going for a rebuild I was looking at getting a new machine. Coul some offer me any thoughts on the ones below if possible?

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NEW...hz-94p1110.htm

http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/Gallan...55T-94p982.htm

Games I'm mainly playing are STO, Dragon age, Mass Effect series, old Neverwinter Nights and Elder Scrolls.

Used to run STO on fairly high settings, had a ATI 4850 card which I though performed well, and AMD Phenom II X4 955 on my system. I'm not that pc savy so any advice would be welcome.

Thanks a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Honestly, the AMD system is more future-proof, and not for much more money. I'm not trilled that they packed everything in there but only gave it a 700w power supply, but the rest of the specs are more high powered.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 04:43 AM
I tend to agree with Zanshi, though I've had SLI graphics cards before - and didn't think they were worth the extra, maybe you might have better luck with them - the NVidia 550 is a nice card - if you find a similar build without SLI - you might prefer to save your cash - but on a big budget - then yeah SLI is a nice thing....

EDIT:(the reason I say this is the very next model out performed my 2x SLI Graphics cards - simply waiting 1 month in my case would have halved the amount I speant on them)
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Thank you very much for the kind advice that helps a lot, think i'll stick with AMD system makes sencse I think. Thanks again.