Lt. Commander
# 11
07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I already posted my thoughts in the big thread happening up top, but I have to agree. Level binding like this is nothing but a bad thing, particularly when they did it to the KDF first with no time frame given for the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-16-2011, 05:55 PM
To be fair, it'll be a bad thing for Feds when it happens to them as well. FEs were a nice way to skip over content you didn't want to do (for whatever reason). I'm not PO'ed so much at the fact that it happened to Klingons first, but that it's happening at all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-17-2011, 04:56 AM
This wouldn't be so bad if the KDF had other missions to do. I did all 3 every level from Lt. Cmdr on. It seems as if KDF play is being actively discouraged.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-17-2011, 06:57 AM
This is... a really bad idea. It's just taking away one of our primary leveling tools since we have no other content to level with and making us grind in order to grind more efficiently. That this idea was in Tribble, but never mentioned in the notes, and hard to notice or report on by KDF players since they thought it was a bug makes this idea even more, well, stupid. They by default put this out without any user input on it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Bad idea by Cryptic.
First thing I saw when I came back from my ST-O break was that topic.

Interesting to see that they still do every thing possible to drive possible Klingon players away from the faction and into the blue side.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-20-2011, 05:23 AM
I actually thing thats funny.

Feds get almost EVERYTHING first... if we get it at all.
I remember the Feds having autofire-ground month before KDFs had it, although it are the exact same classes and the exact same changes were necessary.
I remember bugs in the KDF-versions of infectet and cure MONTH after those EXACT SAME BUGS were fixed in the Fed versions.
The Hargh-Peng, a KLINGON WEAPON is still just available for Feds.
And this list can continue almost forever.

And now... the only change we get first.... is one thats illogical, simply sucks and takes one of the really rare ways to level on KDF side... So the OBVIOUSLY BAD CHANGES we get first? On the side where it even hits harder?
WTF?
Its almost like they do that on purpose to finally get rid of the KDF playerbase.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Don't worry, be happy
07-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Calm down, please.

The reason they re-level the FE Series is quite obvious: So that you don't expire the entire content in like two days. Remember when they brought those great mini story arcs in Season 3? You could basically play them one after another and were done, with a content drought in front of you again.

They have learned from that and now we have weeklies. And those weeklies are levelled so that you can savour them series by series instead of all at once.

This doesn't impact general levelling on the KDF-side because once you have completed the first series you can replay it on and on.

I have levelled KDF-characters already before the Season 3 episodes came, which was somewhat grinding. But with the FE Series it's eating cake. Calm down.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
The reason they re-level the FE Series is quite obvious: So that you don't expire the entire content in like two days. Remember when they brought those great mini story arcs in Season 3? You could basically play them one after another and were done, with a content drought in front of you again.
I do believe the complaint now is that Klingons can do one set of featured episodes at level 11 and then face a real content drought. Where as before the Klingon could do every featured episode at level 11. Be well on his way to, or at, level 21 by the time he finished, and then do every featured episode again for scaling rewards. It was mind numbingly repetitive but light years better than grinding the Kahless Expanse
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
The Klingon versions of the following Featured Episode Arcs have been changed
(This change went live with Season 4, but was mistakenly not noted)

The Breen Arc requires level 11 to start
The Devidian Arc requires level 21 to start
The Romulan Arc requires level 31 to start
What comes next? The new DS9 FE only for Level 51 Generals?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
I do believe the complaint now is that Klingons can do one set of featured episodes at level 11 and then face a real content drought. Where as before the Klingon could do every featured episode at level 11. Be well on his way to, or at, level 21 by the time he finished, and then do every featured episode again for scaling rewards. It was mind numbingly repetitive but light years better than grinding the Kahless Expanse
See it that way: 11: You get an FE, then grind until 21 where you get another FE. You'll have a pattern of FE/grind/FE/grind/etc. instead of all FE series at the beginning and endless grind following (FE/grind/grind/grind/grind/...).