Lt. Commander
# 1 Holodeck foundray return
07-08-2011, 07:00 AM
when will the foundray be restored cause i'm itching to fix my maps and make sure i no longer have 4ft 9' fighting mechines walkin' arround
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-08-2011, 07:16 AM
thats the question of the moment, there are the two fold requirements of isolating/fixing the initial issue that broke everything. Couple that with recovering the missions so authors potentially don't have to do rewrites.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 08:39 AM
This is stating to really annoy. Obviously the as yet to be announced release date of neverwinter's version of Foundry is way more important than the Foundry they already have running. Yeah this is Mellow me no longer mellow. Next to every concern we raise is ignored and only makes authors more undervalued.

Way to mess up. Oh and as for Q and A quote

" Hey everyone, calm down, and leave things alone.

We are investigating what went wrong in the republish process, and working on a fix.

In the mean time, we are best served by you leaving your projects alone so we can look at them in the state they were in. Unfortunately, most of the reports we’ve gotten are unable to be validated because the missions involved were withdrawn by their authors.

We actually did extensive republish testing in QA before we put this on Tribble, then again on Tribble, and some more in QA, and we didn’t experience these issues. There are some bugs that unfortunately will only be found by heavy load like we experienced today. Please know that we are working as quickly and as hard as possible to get a fix tested and out to you."

Way to go. People were frustrated enough with Foundry before this blew up in our faces, but e were polite, accepted the limitations you put on us, and were even patient with you up till this point. The sad thing is I spend ore time on Foundry and the foundry missions than Cryptics actual content. I guess someone values the user input even if Crtptic fails to show us it does,
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 02:40 AM
Last I heard, the Foundry will be fixed when it's fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Haven't had a chance to use the foundry yet, but it will be a nice addition when active...hopefully that will be within a reasonable time frame.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2011, 08:20 AM
you do know that we didnt get to see the final product till it went live. it may have passed all their QA checkpoints and was working perfectly and only broke when it went live.