Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
07-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Anyone tried to use the upper level to take cover easily? I never tried that as I never needed to.
If not, maybe go look for other good cover spots before you unleash hell.
I found taking cover quickly is the best live saver there is now. If your shield goes poof hide, recharge (shoueldnt take longer then 3 secs) and do a spike attack yourself.
Debuff/stun them on sight before you even fire a shot yourself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
07-20-2011, 04:34 AM
The problem with Terradome is now the following: It wasn't balanced to the new ground combat. At the part where the team has to split up to protect the engineers it can be very very hard for Tacs and Engs to stay alive because the ratio of your own Shield and Hitpoints versus incoming Damage has shifted quite a bit. Our fleet tried it on three different evenings several times each evening and on the third evening in the fourth try we got lucky and managed to do this part. The other STFs are a piece of cake, Terradome has this one showstopper where probably 90% will fail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
07-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Anyone tried to use the upper level to take cover easily? I never tried that as I never needed to.
If not, maybe go look for other good cover spots before you unleash hell.
I found taking cover quickly is the best live saver there is now. If your shield goes poof hide, recharge (shoueldnt take longer then 3 secs) and do a spike attack yourself.
Debuff/stun them on sight before you even fire a shot yourself.
I played around with it, and I know ppl swear this was great pre-S4. Personally, I have only seen it fail. I can't recommend taking cover upstairs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 Feedback...
07-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Dear readers,

Terradome has had its history... +) I even ran it all the way to the bugged end (not quite finished, though..) before it's fixed during Season 3. After the fix, it wasn't perfect, but it was a decently enjoyable mission.

Some friends and I tried it yesterday. After 5-6 attempts defending the engineers, it seemed to me that the mission is possible, but what you could call "out of line" with the other STFs, now.
One of our attempts was very close to being successful.

Notes:

Some of the heavier hitting enemies are a bit much to deal with. That, and/or there are too many of the heavier hitting Undine. I think a little edit on this section would, again, make the entire mission playable (as mentioned, the rest of this mission wasn't altered in any way for Season 4). At least the rest of the mission can't be failed in such a big way =)


*Semi-old/current note: I didn't see it this time(s), but before Season 4 I'm almost positive that I saw the map fail upon the deaths of players, even though their engineer was still alive. And this didn't always happen, but sometimes. I think if some damage does get toned down, or enemies removed, that this would be worth a once-over verification (People could die, run back... if they make it, not fail.. etc).


I do look forward to trying it again, at least once (whether a patch is made or not). I do hope a tiny update comes for this one, though. The mission is pretty cool, silly bugs aside.

Regards
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
07-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Terradome has not been touched at all with season 4. If the encounters are behaving oddly since the release of Season 4 this is the first I've heard of it.

I will get QA to play through it and see if something is broken. If they can replicate the issues, I'll get them fixed as soon as possible.

There is always a chance that things will break in missions when we do massive updates (like season 4). It's impossible to test every mission in the game to "make sure" it still works as expected when we push large changes.

Thats good to knew Gozer. Ive have made Terradome a lot of time before your fix and a lot of times after, but now its no way, i mean, the Undine kill you in one shot, but with that i can live, but the problem its that they kill the engineer in the console in one shot too..
Any way, Gozer, thanks for the good job!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
I will concur with this fellow players..When defending the consoles (5), the undine are to attack the ENG. While defending and doing a good job at it, the mission in my STF Run group keep coming up FAILED.This has happened 2-3 times..The coin flipping part..Same issues as someone mentioned above. It seems it always the last coin flipper you have to find and is very boring..Like the one guy said 20 minutes or so.. Slows down the game big time. This mission I believe was acting like this before season 4 and after..I have , in the past ran the mission several times before and never had as many issues as I have listed ..This mission needs a revamp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
07-20-2011, 12:14 PM
we also had this happen to us, 3 of the terminals had the usual undine spawn on them but 1 or 2 had way to many spawn and who ever was marking those terminals died really quick and we gave up after many attempts

we had got all the right coin toss npcs marked
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-21-2011, 06:52 AM
6 times yesterday and both of the teams i was in couldnt get the engineers to stay alive, we tried using the top levels but that didnt work, tried staying by one console with all us firing but still no joy i gave up in the end
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Thats good to knew Gozer. Ive have made Terradome a lot of time before your fix and a lot of times after, but now its no way, i mean, the Undine kill you in one shot, but with that i can live, but the problem its that they kill the engineer in the console in one shot too..
Any way, Gozer, thanks for the good job!
Yea that was the bigest problem i see is that the undine are killing the engineer that is on the console in one shot
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Terradome has not been touched at all with season 4. If the encounters are behaving oddly since the release of Season 4 this is the first I've heard of it.

I will get QA to play through it and see if something is broken. If they can replicate the issues, I'll get them fixed as soon as possible.

There is always a chance that things will break in missions when we do massive updates (like season 4). It's impossible to test every mission in the game to "make sure" it still works as expected when we push large changes.
I hate to point out something but someone isn't telling you about the tickets you get on the issue, plus i just recently went through it and noticed everyone of the bugs mentioned in this thread. But still I have to give you kudos for being on the ball and your good work. You guys keep the game going.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.