Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-20-2011, 10:42 AM
i would like to see a "for fun" free for all zone in both space and ground would be a riot.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
you mean a zone where theres no teams and no fractions and everyone is fighting for them selfs?
sure id like that but then again you would go nuts on everyone matteo and that would be kinda scary
Lt. Commander
# 13 Is this a real ?
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Considering that no advantage is gained, is it really an exploit? There is no FvF or KvK que for open PvP. I personally don't mind it. But sometimes someone will warp in and threaten to report. It would be nice to know if it is an official violation.
For example, my son and I go to Otha. No other players are there. For a challenge he swaps sides. After a while another player shows up. He threatens to report even though nobody attacked him.
Another example 1 guy is out numbered by the other side. A few players swap sides to stop spawn camping.
Advantages gained have nothing to do with exploitation of a bug exploiting game buds is a band able offences and people doing so should be made a example of due to previous issue with exploits. there is NO OPEN PVP AT ALL. Well Now you know it is a violation if it was intended the game would have that option would it not?

The point is exploiting is not allowed no matter the circumstances and like in the real world a thief is a thief same goes for a exploiting is exploiting what will stop them from further exploitation of the game. If there is nothing to fear.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
How would you guys feel if, say, a couple players repeatedly logged out from arena matches and logged back in on the opposite side? Over and over during the match to prevent their original side from ever getting any reinforcements? Match after match? Ruining the gaming experience of 8 other players?
I think this is comparing apples and oranges. Arena's start off with the system trying to keep teams somewhat even. Than of course the objective is first team to x points win. Flipping sides during the match would obviously go against this idea.

Otha's objectives however can be accomplished with no enemy team or both teams completely ignoring each other. The only objective reason to fight is to slow the enemy team's progress so your team can finish first. I suppose flipping sides to affect the objective objective is just as bad, but giving the free-style play Otha provides and what I've seen, that hasn't been the case.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian-null-07 View Post
you mean a zone where theres no teams and no fractions and everyone is fighting for them selfs?
sure id like that but then again you would go nuts on everyone matteo and that would be kinda scary
It would only be fair if everyone targets Hale first.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM
I think it's safer to just not do it. I get the argument that it might not be hurting anyone in some cases but it certainly could be in others. It even happens without trying from time to time, but in the end it's probably just better to refrain from doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It would only be fair if everyone targets Hale first.
That would totally not be fair! No, not be fair at all.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I think this is comparing apples and oranges. Arena's start off with the system trying to keep teams somewhat even. Than of course the objective is first team to x points win. Flipping sides during the match would obviously go against this idea.

Otha's objectives however can be accomplished with no enemy team or both teams completely ignoring each other. The only objective reason to fight is to slow the enemy team's progress so your team can finish first. I suppose flipping sides to affect the objective objective is just as bad, but giving the free-style play Otha provides and what I've seen, that hasn't been the case.
I was neither speaking hypothetically nor commenting on the use of this bug in war zones. It's a fact that some players are using this "out of the box thinking" in arenas.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That would totally not be fair! No, not be fair at all.
The alternative is PvQ.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
How would you guys feel if, say, a couple players repeatedly logged out from arena matches and logged back in on the opposite side? Over and over during the match to prevent their original side from ever getting any reinforcements? Match after match? Ruining the gaming experience of 8 other players?
Didn't know anyone could switch on arena. We were talking about Otha.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-20-2011, 04:35 PM
It's an old bug, since beta as far as I can tell. Happened to me all the time when I had a crappy DSL connection. If it's still around someone could change sides 100% of the time. I guess it's possible in any pvp zone.