Lt. Commander
been out of the game for over a year now and was wondering if it would be easier to get to grips with the new stuff with a brand new character or to try and figure things out with my 2 RAs?

also, the pve klingon stuff...my highest KDF was 15-20, again fresh start or stick with existing toon?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-20-2011, 05:58 AM
stick with your oldies, theres not too much to learn and your bound to find someone willing to help in game
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-20-2011, 05:58 AM
If you're considering making a new character only because of new content then don't worry, you can do it all with your existing ones with no problem. That said, it can always be fun too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 07:28 AM
When I come back to a game after a long break, I usually start a new character just to get back into the swing of things. It gives me a few weeks to remember how to play, so that when I jump back on my old main, I don't do anything I'll regret >.< (Selling things I actually needed, making poor spec decisions requiring a respec, etc...)

It might be extra helpful now with the new ground-combat too. It can be a little surprising if you aren't expecting it and you jump right it at the RA levels. Especially with the hefty changes the Borg have taken.

That said, if you feel confident you can figure things out quickly, it's perfectly reasonable to hop back on your RA immediately.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 08:40 AM
the only trouble im having right now is that my 'available' missions log is full and ive no real idea where to start...some of them are familiar as they are earlier quests i dropped or didnt do.

Ive found the start of a Breen questiline, which im hoping is the start of the first Episode stuff...is the Davidian and Cloaked Intention stuff the later episodes?

I just dont know which quests are my level etc
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugster View Post
the only trouble im having right now is that my 'available' missions log is full and ive no real idea where to start...some of them are familiar as they are earlier quests i dropped or didnt do.

Ive found the start of a Breen questiline, which im hoping is the start of the first Episode stuff...is the Davidian and Cloaked Intention stuff the later episodes?

I just dont know which quests are my level etc
The Devidian and Reman 'Cloaked Intentions' are the 'newer' featured, but are independent stories, and are not sequels... The Breen is a good 'featured' episode series to start with, as you'll find that the Breen Purple Deflector/Engine/Shield set offered as a reward to be very useful...

Of the current series, 'Cloaked Intentions' is available at Lt.6. The Devidian Episodes is available at Lt.8, and the Breen are available at Lt.10... (And if your higher, don't worry, as all the 'Featured Episodes' scale with you...)
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2011, 10:05 AM
The missions should have a recommended level showing on the available list. The Breen series was released first, followed by the devidians and cloaked intentions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
is there a klingon 'main' storyline....that takes you to each new area?

Ive found the wiki but it doesnt mention a klingon PVE storyline
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2011, 01:58 PM
no, there are large gaps in the PvE story levels for KDF. This is something the devs are addressing slowly as they add new featured episodes. I think their intention is to eventually add enough FEs that there will be very little or no gaps for KDF.