I keep getting disconnected that is repeatable since friday night. I have contacted cox cable and they see no issues with my signal. I have bypassed my router and tested this with other online games. There are no issues that occur with connection to other online games I have per connection. Is anyone else having the same issue?
testing with other games is not a valid test as each game is a different server location has a different path to the server, uses different ports, have different packet configuration, different latencies requirememts.
post the results of a tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com and a nettest
For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.
then there will be hard data for people to work with.
also include your location and connection type ie wire or wireless.
1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 7 ms 8 ms 7 ms 10.114.32.1
3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms 22.214.171.124
4 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms mcdlcorc01-pos-0-7-0-0.ph.ph.cox.net [70.169.72.
5 14 ms 12 ms 9 ms mcdldsrj01-ae2.0.rd.ph.cox.net [126.96.36.199]
6 68 ms 68 ms 24 ms langbprj02-ae2.rd.la.cox.net [188.8.131.52]
7 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms te0-0-0-2.ccr21.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
8 51 ms 49 ms 51 ms te0-0-0-5.ccr21.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
9 79 ms 80 ms 78 ms te0-0-0-2.ccr21.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
10 77 ms 78 ms 79 ms te0-0-0-3.ccr21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
11 84 ms 84 ms 84 ms te0-6-0-1.ccr21.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.
12 90 ms 90 ms 89 ms te0-3-0-2.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
13 113 ms 203 ms 206 ms te4-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [184.108.40.206
14 98 ms 92 ms 103 ms 220.127.116.11
15 137 ms 131 ms 90 ms 18.104.22.168
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Cat5e- no wireless
Linksys Router: WRT310Nv2
OS: Windows 7 64bit
interestingly enough i also live in pheonix use cox and windows 7 home 64bit and i am having the exact same problem today on 7/17 any progress you make would be great. also keep in mind you are not alone in this annoying issue
Update: I reformated my hard drive and ran all OS updates- I installed STO in programfiles(86) instead of where it was installed of the default settings. So far so good. I did nto have to do the old windows 7 work around to patch or runt he game. I was able to get out of SOL. This is not resolved as I am testing.
I was also running AVG free edition. Can anyone suggest another anti virus software?
best free anti virus is AVG, Avast, or even the Microsoft Security Essentials.
I was getting lag locked/ server disconnect issues recently up until the night before last.
So in all, The game was mostly unplayable for three days.
Funny enough though, this was only happening to Fed characters.
I did safe mode, force verify, delete hogg files, disable vivox, disable on demand patching,
network tests, router tests, computer verifications, Cox Cable call, and a few other things.
also disabled UPnP on router, gave STO full permissions through system and firewall.
even re-installed, nothing worked.
I'm now able to play however though not sure what was the actual culprit.
I did have a couple trouble tickets in, though no response from those.
The best I could figure was something on the account/server side was glitched up along
with it not being able to send appropriate information responses when loading.
Sorry to those that are looking for a solution. Just not sure what it is.
For me half the issue was my Windows's 7 and the rest is on the studios side, no biggie. With the direction of the game these are just kinks to work out. Still loving you STO team. Load balancing is just a kink.