Lt. Commander
I have read a few things about BO's tonight from work and I must ask.

First. Is it better to have a crew that is better at offense or defense?

I read about people using BO's as healers. This sounds intriguing to me how would i go about making my Officers concentrate on making sure their beloved captain stays alive? Do I need to tell my officers that i need a heal or can i set them up to heal the hell out of me at all costs?

If any of this is possible how is this done?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
You can make yourself priority for heals and set your medic to passive so they do buff and heals rather then attack. You can do this with the little icons on the BOFF team hud.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2011, 11:14 PM
now when you say medic... do you mean I train one of my existing BOs to be a "medic" by equipping them with stims or is a Medic something else I can pick up as another away team member?

Ive only been playing for a week so sorry for my constant questions hehe
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 02:10 AM
What you want is to have a Science BO who is trained in such ground abilities as "Medical Tricorder" and "Vascular Regenerator", and other medical-type HP-recovering / debuff-removing abilities. This BO will then use these abilities when on an away team to heal you and the other away team members.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Awesome thanks for the reply
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2011, 08:42 PM
You have a lot of control and opens over your Bridge Officers. I have a Bridge Officer Combat Guide for BOs. I go into the controls and some basic strategies using your BOs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
I have read a few things about BO's tonight from work and I must ask.

First. Is it better to have a crew that is better at offense or defense?

I read about people using BO's as healers. This sounds intriguing to me how would i go about making my Officers concentrate on making sure their beloved captain stays alive? Do I need to tell my officers that i need a heal or can i set them up to heal the hell out of me at all costs?

If any of this is possible how is this done?
Why I am so happy you asked this question, check out
Away Teams and You! MACO Edition

Your BO are very good at somethings and kinda dumb at others. BO healers are generally very good at healing you if they heals up. How much control you want is up to you, you can micro manage them or generally leave them to it.

It also important to understand ground combat in this context Arm Thyself (the link is in there) does a good job of covering everything you need to know about Ground combat.

I hope some of that helps GL!