Lt. Commander
# 1161
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
I may have missed it, but have you added the KDF veteran costume pieces to the Klingon costume list yet, Blackavaar?
Lt. Commander
# 1162
07-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks Blackavaar. Helps a lot to make it all a bit more fitting.
Lt. Commander
# 1163
07-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi again Black! I'm aware that you're currently working on updating the uniform colour guides system but I was wondering if after that, once you've taken a breather obviously, you had any plans to work on the Starfleet Academy comic uniforms worn by the Academy officers that we spoke about several posts back? I can't find any images on-line of the uniforms but using STO and going from my memory I made the image in the link below to give you an idea of the uniform I'm talking about:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...a2372-7301.jpg

It's basically the DS9 uniform from Season 3 to Season 5 except the jumpsuit is primarily grey and the polo neck (or "turtle neck" as I believe it is known in the US) colour matches the division going across the shoulders. It was seen in the comics being worn by instructors and a few other officers assigned to the Academy. They were also shown as being available in engineering yellow, science blue, and medical teal too.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 1164
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
hey black.

If you get a spare moment could you tell me what the bajoran uniform colours are on the Tailor Npc at Ds9 please.
Sorry that it took so long to reply. Been on vacation with no computer available to me for the last few days.

The main color is a color that is not available to us. The rest (the Shoulders, Belt and Boots) appear to all be done in A8. I really wish the devs would stick to colors that we can use when creating these NPC costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
I appologize if this has already been asked ahead of time.

Playing around at the KDF tailor last night got me wondering. Is there a set color scheme to the TOS Klingon belt, or does it use the same colors as the uniform itself?
I didn't realize the Klingon TOS belt had finally been added. I'm going to have to check that out and get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Hi again Black! I'm aware that you're currently working on updating the uniform colour guides system but I was wondering if after that, once you've taken a breather obviously, you had any plans to work on the Starfleet Academy comic uniforms worn by the Academy officers that we spoke about several posts back? I can't find any images on-line of the uniforms but using STO and going from my memory I made the image in the link below to give you an idea of the uniform I'm talking about:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...a2372-7301.jpg

It's basically the DS9 uniform from Season 3 to Season 5 except the jumpsuit is primarily grey and the polo neck (or "turtle neck" as I believe it is known in the US) colour matches the division going across the shoulders. It was seen in the comics being worn by instructors and a few other officers assigned to the Academy. They were also shown as being available in engineering yellow, science blue, and medical teal too.

Hope that helps.
Basically the Instructor uniform was the same as the cadets except for the collar, which would match the Shoulder color I believe. I do plan on making guides for them. Hopefully they will fix the Tailor zoom before I get to it. Right now I can't adjust the zoom properly. It's either super far away or really super close up. There is no in-between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKitsune View Post
I may have missed it, but have you added the KDF veteran costume pieces to the Klingon costume list yet, Blackavaar?
Not yet. I do plan on adding them but I've been busy with so much and currently the zoom is still messed up, so I'll have to wait until that is fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelor
Thanks Blackavaar. Helps a lot to make it all a bit more fitting.
You're very welcome.

Lt. Commander
# 1165
07-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Sorry that it took so long to reply. Been on vacation with no computer available to me for the last few days.

Basically the Instructor uniform was the same as the cadets except for the collar, which would match the Shoulder color I believe. I do plan on making guides for them. Hopefully they will fix the Tailor zoom before I get to it. Right now I can't adjust the zoom properly. It's either super far away or really super close up. There is no in-between.

No worries, mate. Hope you had a good time off.

Great to hear that you will be doing guides for the Starfleet Academy comic instructor uniforms after you've updated all the previous guides. I look forward to seeing them.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue with the zoom at the tailors. Before I couldn't zoom at all and then they fixed it so I can...but this new issue has arisen where I can zoom in fully and zoom out fully but can't zoom in halfway. Lets hope the devs sort this issue out soon.
Lt. Commander
# 1166
07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Although I think this is only slightly on topic, would it be canonically acceptable for a crew to use a variant of the Sierra 1 uniform, but with "Pants - Loose Long - Standard", and "Feet - Soft Boots" instead of the tight pants and padded/combat boots?

I really wish they'd add some non-skirt named Antares and Sierra uniform options for pants and footwear.
Lt. Commander
# 1167
07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
Although I think this is only slightly on topic, would it be canonically acceptable for a crew to use a variant of the Sierra 1 uniform, but with "Pants - Loose Long - Standard", and "Feet - Soft Boots" instead of the tight pants and padded/combat boots?

I really wish they'd add some non-skirt named Antares and Sierra uniform options for pants and footwear.
The Antares and Sierra uniforms are done using NPCs in-game as examples. Not all of the variants are included. I believe I do remember seeing a couple of B-01 (now Sierra 01) variants that did use the Standard pants when I was researching for the guides. The main reason I chose the version I did was for variety. I didn't want every uniform to use the same pants.

When you are in the game just take a look around. Good places to look are ESD, SB39-Sierra, K-7 and DS9. I'm sure you can find a version of Sierra 01 with Loose Long pants to emulate. In general the colors are usually very similar if not identical to those posted here.

In short, yes, I would find it canonically acceptable.

Lt. Commander
# 1168
07-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
No worries, mate. Hope you had a good time off.

Great to hear that you will be doing guides for the Starfleet Academy comic instructor uniforms after you've updated all the previous guides. I look forward to seeing them.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this issue with the zoom at the tailors. Before I couldn't zoom at all and then they fixed it so I can...but this new issue has arisen where I can zoom in fully and zoom out fully but can't zoom in halfway. Lets hope the devs sort this issue out soon.
Thanks, Alan! I did. It was nice just to get out of town for a while.

I look forward to creating them.

And yes, I hope they sort it out soon. I can't take any decent screen shots (in the Tailor screen) until they do.

Lt. Commander
# 1169
07-21-2011, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Thanks, Alan! I did. It was nice just to get out of town for a while.

I look forward to creating them.

And yes, I hope they sort it out soon. I can't take any decent screen shots (in the Tailor screen) until they do.

Bit of R&R. Good for you.

Probably not as much as we look forward to seeing them.

I imagine that must make the guide creation a wee bit difficult for you. At time of writing this I see the server is down for maintenance so my fingers are crossed that the tailor zoom issue will be one of the things undergoing some fixing.

I'm loving your latest sig rockin' out the new Enterprise btw! Very cool!
Lt. Commander
# 1170
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
At time of writing this I see the server is down for maintenance so my fingers are crossed that the tailor zoom issue will be one of the things undergoing some fixing.

I'm loving your latest sig rockin' out the new Enterprise btw! Very cool!
Yay! Hope hope.

Thanks! I wasn't the biggest fan of this design at first, but the devs did a great job of developing it for the game and now I can't wait to have an Odyssey class of my own. I only wish we could see it on the silver screen at some point.