Lt. Commander
# 1 Help Error 31
07-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Help I keep getting an Error 31:a hog returned an error. retrying in etc etc etc, I really really dont want to have to re install STO because it would take forever....please respond soon. I sent in a ticket and they were less than helpful since it was just a copy and paste response...
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Open up your launcher.
Go to the options menu via the little button in the top right.
Check the check-box that says 'force verify'
Continue log in process.

This should force your client to verify that all its 'guts' (by way of the hogg files) are as they should be.

(Does anyone else find it strangely amusing that the error is error 31 *checks behind him for spies*)
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Open up your launcher.
Go to the options menu via the little button in the top right.
Check the check-box that says 'force verify'
Continue log in process.

This should force your client to verify that all its 'guts' (by way of the hogg files) are as they should be.

(Does anyone else find it strangely amusing that the error is error 31 *checks behind him for spies*)
i checked that box but it just keeps saying Error 31: a hog returned an error while trying to read
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Try doing this. Go to where you have game installed.

Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/piggs and delete the dynamic.hoggs folder. Then Open up the STO Launcher, go to Options and check Force Verify. Once that is done with the Launcher still open type in your password and log in.

Hopefully this will fix your problem, but if not, make sure if you have XFire to turn it off. Since it disconnects you from game server.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=222791
Lt. Commander
# 5 Error 31 Help
07-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Hey since my last post seems to have vanished. I need some major help. i keep getting an error,

Error 31: a hog returned an error while trying to read.

I have already force verifyed and that didnt help. somehow re installed the damn thing and still it gives me the same error, can anyone please help?

I am not opening up another 10 tickets since as a product of this post they havent been any help, just a bot response, they see a little hint that relates to something they can copy an paste then they just change the problem and edit the recipiant and there you are just a bot response.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Pigs have a third grade education my....

Assuming this is a technical glitch, you may want to try the tech support forum.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockerd View Post
Hey since my last post seems to have vanished. I need some major help. i keep getting an error,
your last post was moved to the pc and technical support area.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224887

there was one response you may have yet to see.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-21-2011, 10:59 AM
If you are still having problems, check out this Forum thread. It is some what related since it is from Cryptic sister MMO, Champions Online.

http://forums.champions-online.com/a...p/t-74071.html

Also here is another forum thread dealing with this problem.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=110775

Plus I would advise you to Update your video/sound card drivers and in STO Launcher/Options I vwould also Disable On demand patching. It might take longer to download, but you will not have to wait for files to load/install while changing locations.

Please keep is inform on your progress so we can know if you got it fixed or not.