Lt. Commander
# 1 Crafting
07-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi, new player MMO vet and im really enjoying the game.

Would someone help me with crafting.

I open the crafting panel but cannot select blueprints/recipes to buy. Should i be crafting at a specific zone or area. Ive searched the earth spacedock but couldnt find anywhere. I have crafting mats gathered.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-17-2011, 12:39 PM
For the Fed side you have to craft at Memory Alpha in the Alpha Centuri sector.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure Im the best person to be guiding you but a far as I know you have to collect particles and other items to craft the blueprints, then you can craft the items.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-17-2011, 01:27 PM
This sto crafting guide should help you out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Memory Alpha, thtas great. Thanks all
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2011, 11:01 PM
non of these guides have helped me :-( I scan and scan i have a ton of things I have found clogging my inventory to bursting. when i click the console in memory alpha i cannot make any sense about what it is im supposed to be doing. I want to make better weapons and engines for my ship but don't know where to start. most of the guides just say go to memory alpha and oh yeah collect resources nothing walks through on how to make specific things, what to click to get your final products. i guess im looking for a little hand holding to get me going. I did a mission that had me make a schematic but don't know what to do with it. or how to make other schematics or how many of what resources i need. if i sound a bit frustrated, I am hehe.
I solo mostly due to my play schedule so i am trying to be self reliant.

would i be better off just collecting and selling my resources?

do people meet in one particular spot like in other games (EQ g-fay) where i can get stuff made with the resources i collect?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
non of these guides have helped me :-( I scan and scan i have a ton of things I have found clogging my inventory to bursting. when i click the console in memory alpha i cannot make any sense about what it is im supposed to be doing. I want to make better weapons and engines for my ship but don't know where to start. most of the guides just say go to memory alpha and oh yeah collect resources nothing walks through on how to make specific things, what to click to get your final products. i guess im looking for a little hand holding to get me going. I did a mission that had me make a schematic but don't know what to do with it. or how to make other schematics or how many of what resources i need. if i sound a bit frustrated, I am hehe.
I solo mostly due to my play schedule so i am trying to be self reliant.

would i be better off just collecting and selling my resources?

do people meet in one particular spot like in other games (EQ g-fay) where i can get stuff made with the resources i collect?
Steps of Crafting (Currently only possible at Memory Alpha)
  1. Make or Buy Schematics. You need these for just about everything and they're specific to the type of item you're making (i.e., Armor schematic for a suit of armor, Pistol schematic for a pistol, etc).
  2. Make Your DooHicky. The crafting window will show whether or not you have the required materials to make your item on the right side of the item line. There's no skill check required or chance of failure. You click 'Fabricate' (or 'Craft' or whatever the button is) and make what you want as long as you have the stuff.
  3. Increase Your Crafting Skill. This is automatic as you craft items. The bold number on the left is how much making that item will increase your crafting skill. Higher Mk items require higher crafting skill levels.
  4. Enjoy. That's pretty much it. Keep doing this in various combinations until your crafting skill is maxed out or you run out of data samples. Tip - don't craft items that require rare particle traces just to increase your crafting skill unless you also plan to use that item.

If you have any more questions, let 'em rip.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Ok cool zodar! Ive started making schems! I'm on the road to crafting thanks to you all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Everybody should hop onto the crafting wagon now that XI purple items are much cheaper to make.

You'll have to gain research XP -> 1650. If your toon is high level, and you have tons of low level anomalies (greens, blues), you should burn them off first. Anomalies like gold/purple are more valuable, you want to save them to make stuff you want, instead of spending them on gaining research XP.

Don't forget, you can buy schematics from the vendor now!