Lt. Commander
# 11
07-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
Look your back-to-school best when you beam down to the new Starfleet Academy social hub! Starfleet Cadet Uniforms are now available for purchase in the C-Store.

Link to the news article.
I am absolutely disapointed with this pack. Especially the lower half. At least I hoped we'll get the new costume as well the old version for 280 AP's.

What's the matter with you guys? Section 31, standard costume model with new reskinning, beside the boots for 280 AP. Now this, the same unmotivated cr** 280 AP. If those costumes would've been great design I would've undertand, but they look so without any expresssion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
I am absolutely disapointed with this pack. Especially the lower half. At least I hoped we'll get the new costume as well the old version for 280 AP's.

What's the matter with you guys? Section 31, standard costume model with new reskinning, beside the boots for 280 AP. Now this, the same unmotivated cr** 280 AP. If those costumes would've been great design I would've undertand, but they look so without any expresssion.
It's a quasi-military uniform, not a Circus Clown's getup. It's supposed to be somewhat professional looking. Not like the biker jackets and S&M leather gear we've had so far. :/
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Can we get the codes for the colours you have used on the npcs please? It will help if we don't have to keep running back and forth to the tailor to get them right. I don't know about everyone else, but I really like the scheme that has been used and I want to duplicate it exactly. :p
THIS. So many times this. It would be great if we could get "recommended colours" for all of the other uniforms and packs as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I like the look of the cadet uniforms. I only have one problem with them. Why do we have to buy them? Why can't we get them for free when Starfleet Academy goes live?
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I thought it would be interesting if everyone by default started in Academy uniforms in the tutorial and then got to wear their 'new' uniform after completing the tutorial. For C-store purposes lose access afterwards, but thats probably infinitely more effort than its worth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris8016 View Post
I thought it would be interesting if everyone by default started in Academy uniforms in the tutorial and then got to wear their 'new' uniform after completing the tutorial. For C-store purposes lose access afterwards, but thats probably infinitely more effort than its worth.
in the tutorial your an ensign NOT a cadet
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
It's a quasi-military uniform, not a Circus Clown's getup. It's supposed to be somewhat professional looking. Not like the biker jackets and S&M leather gear we've had so far. :/
First of all, I don't think any of the uniforms are looking like clowns clothes. Neither do they look like S&M leather. I totally like the other look of the Fadaration as until now seen. The Starfleet uniforms look tougher as before, and are more practical. But the Section 31 has nothing real special about it. And especially not the Star Fleet uniform. Beside this the trowsers are identical to the ambassador teowsers, witout the shiny look. There are no special shoes, and the model of the tunic is almost identical als the standard one, we allready have. The only diference is, there are another strip around the shoulders we could add a paint. All in all ok, but nothing special. And what outrages me is the price. For almost nothing, we have to pay as much as for some great looking costume packs, like jupiter, or open jacket, or ToS? There is absolute no realation! The only tzhing I like at Seaction 31 are but the boots. The only thing I'd porbably ever add would be the tunic of the SACU. But never for 280AP each!
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
in the tutorial your an ensign NOT a cadet
The tutorial is going to be changed and you'll begin at Starfleet Academy as an Cadet. So he has a good question.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Love the design...except for the pants. Was hoping we'd get the side-pocketed pants that some NPC's in the game ware and so many folks have been asking for, not to mention the fact that they are more canonically issued to cadets based on numerous episodes in both TNG and DS9 (maybe Voyager, but I don't recall seeing them).

Any chance we'll ever see those side-pocketed pants for player use?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I changed the color scheme on mine a little.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-o...2-00-47-34.jpg