Lt. Commander
# 11
07-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Im not trying to be a jerk about this and as a IT professional I get a little aggravated being treated like a child and told something I know is not true.
Lt. Commander
# 12 I agree!
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
And I thought it was just me! Totally unplayable, very dissapointing because I really want to play!! But it is frustrating trying to run into a different room, just to 'pop' back to where I first started, not to mention having to wait a LONG time to play a mission. I'm new to MMO's, are they all like this? Im from the UK btw, with no other internet issues.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-21-2011, 02:29 PM
same problem here after the latest patch (UK also)

@gianderosa1990 - no its not usually like this
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
It's unplayable, if this doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to cancel my account not that I wish too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
same issue here in central Canada. started yesterday. completely unplayable, and it gets worse and worse till i get huge connection error lengths and finally disconnected.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-21-2011, 05:05 PM
It's cool. Never thought that any of you would accept my advice. All I am saying is that I have been in your position and you are just hitting your head against a brick wall.

You will not get any response here apart from the usual "Ops are monitoring the situation" and "have you tried blah blah".

So get annoyed (and quite rightly so), but don't give birth to your colon over it is my point.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-21-2011, 05:19 PM
If you are still having problems:

*Always* run a tracert. Find out which hops you are taking and where the lag starts.
*Always* use the nettest tool to check if you are able to connect properly.
*Always* add from where you are playing (I don't need your address, but we do need to know where in the world you are and what your internet service provider is)

Tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com to check your routing.

You can run tracerts from a windows prompt or through online tools; select that which works best for you.

Nettest:
Go to files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically
Copy and paste the results to the forum

Good nettest results have column 1 and 3 with values between 300- 500kb/sec, column 2 with 20kb/sec . Values lower than this indicate some sort of network problem between your computer and the game servers. Problems can include port blocking, port filtering, trafic throttling, or ISP issues.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
There ya go, the post above is ALL you will get. FROM ANYONE.

Now stop hurting the wall with your head people.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah, after today's update I am still having the same problems. I have to restart the client about 20 times per hour, and that's not an exaggeration. Oh well, maybe I will try STO again sometime next year, as of right now it's unplayable. It's a shame, because I really liked the game -- I just wish it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Folks, this type of thread is unproductive and does not help anyone.
We're asking for more information from users to be able to check what problems there may be. If you do not wish to provide this information on the forums, that's totally fine. You may also at any time open a technical support request ticket.

But please: Threads such as this one will not help us find the issue and as such nor help the affected players find a resolution.

Thank you for your understanding.
Closed Thread