Lt. Commander
# 51
07-11-2011, 05:01 AM
A further update, although i haven't played for a few days. I have noticed that it takes a lot longer now to actually enter a system, often taking up to a minute of sitting watching and being able to move the camera before the video of the ship warping in runs. THis has been happening all the time everytime i enter a system, also sometimes the sound effect works and sometimes not. I'm also getting a lot of diconnected fromthe server messages, a lot more than previously, even from the rerun weeks when there was loads of people logged on.

Also getting a lot more lags, i.e. ship freezing in space as the server tries ot catch up or ground combat suddenly jumping back to a previous position.

Just seems to me that this latest release seems a bit shaky, really far too buggy and it's affecting game play. Prior to the release i would look forward to getting home from work and hitting a few missions but now after this update, i'm not so bothered, hence not having been on for a few days.
Lt. Commander
# 52
07-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaCarter
Anyone knows how you can "Replay" diplomatic missions?
Don't know about replay, but teaming up is a good idea.
All 5 check cluster missions... Pick same cluster, go ... 1 guy enter ... Rest enter HIS/HER instance, do the mission, and next one in line will start with his/hers

That way, you can get 5 diplo mission in each cluster ^^
Also, First Contacts can be done by a team aswell.
Lt. Commander
# 53 a list would be nice
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I also am nervously fingering my comm badge for an emergency beam out regarding these ground combat nerfs. I appreciate that I'm now supposed to shoot from cover and duck while I remodulate (which I think takes a little too long). And if I want to have a nice heal from my bridge officer before she dies, I have to exit combat mode... find my mouse cursor somewhere on the screen and click hoping that she knows I need the buff on me and that she is close enough to fix me up before I drop like a sack of red-shirt-potatoes. Usually if I actually manage this, I see her cross the line of fire and get a back full of plasma herself. Things dont last much longer after that anyway successful or not.

Besides that.. I like this patch overall but I would like a list of the weapon types just like there is a listing for the new ships. You all (devs etc) mentioned that each weapon has a purpose right? Well we all understand the sniper rifles and the new shotguns. (Cool!)
I'm guessing that the dual pistols are to make the enemy laugh at you manically, the mini gun is to pwn other players in pvp and to gather enormous aggro in pve. What are the other varieties? Do we get a fancy listing?

I'm a lifetime member and I appreciate the steps we are taking in the right direction. I just want to be informed enough to bring my friends and family back into the subscribing fold. They are a hard sell.
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Haven't noticed many bugs yet (though I've only been able to play in short stints; real life and all that jazz), but I was wondering if there's an ETA on the new combadges, and how they'd be available.
Lt. Commander
# 55
07-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husnock01 View Post
Haven't noticed many bugs yet (though I've only been able to play in short stints; real life and all that jazz), but I was wondering if there's an ETA on the new combadges, and how they'd be available.
You've been very lucky then; most of STO is bugged, especially ground.
Lt. Commander
# 56 Diplomatic "Replay"
07-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Although one can get around by teaming, Season 4 did state that we could replay the diplomatic missions like any other mission.

Lately I've been wanting to level up in dxp, but it seems that Season 4 has produced less dxp than other seasons (dxp has been around before diplomatic ranks were put into STO remember).
Lt. Commander
# 57 Great Job done
07-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I must congratulate you on a great job done. A while back I had recommended to you adding a FPS mode, and although I was more thinking of Star Trek Elite force type, the creativity you guys invested into the new shooter mode, greatly exceeds my expectations, and I believe makes ground combat far more exciting and immersive.