Lt. Commander
# 11
07-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
The least we pvp'ers can do is have a voice of our own in this forum. Just in case a Dev gets bored / bold and decides to browse through and see just how their PvE designs affected balance in pvp.
no, you see, this thread will instead be closed down because its considered the same as another thread discussing an article on Startrek.com about the design of the ship...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
There's going to be far more PvE advocates for super ships, particularly on Fed side. They want to be the "hero!" that singlehandedly saves the day,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g&ob=av2n
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
sort of off topic:
I notice there has been a slow creep in universal stations showing up on Fed ships. Which removes the major difference between Klingon and Fed. I find that disturbing given that Fed's have more ship designs anyway to pick from.
I thought the nebula is the only one currently with a universal slot?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
There's going to be far more PvE advocates for super ships, particularly on Fed side. They want to be the "hero!" that singlehandedly saves the day, and they need a very powerful ship to do so!

The least we pvp'ers can do is have a voice of our own in this forum. Just in case a Dev gets bored / bold and decides to browse through and see just how their PvE designs affected balance in pvp.
You can be a spacebar hero in any ship with any captain. I was zombie leveling my new alien engie and noticed he was almost to commander in his NX01 with mk 3 green gear and white consoles/shields ect...

I was dissapointed the last thread got closed. These discussions should be closely watched because the best ship and template builders are found here. And it might at least take some heat off the ent f if they aknowledged some valid points now, even if they don't let the layout be known until launch.

Here's to pvp with the new entrprise.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I wish when they release it, it would be a little on the underpowered side. It's gonna be a lot easier to ratchet up something like this than it will be to correct some over powered mess.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I wish when they release it, it would be a little on the underpowered side. It's gonna be a lot easier to ratchet up something like this than it will be to correct some over powered mess.
QFT
/10 char
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
The thing that worries me about it is the number of people asking for all universal stations on it in other threads. At that point why have different ships at all in the game or PvP at all. Everyone will be flying the "flagship" (Shouldn't there be just a few of those?)
Except the KDF of course.
It will still be a Cruiser. They need to come up with a drawback, of course. Maybe just a low turn rate, same as the Galaxy.

Quote:
sort of off topic:
I notice there has been a slow creep in universal stations showing up on Fed ships. Which removes the major difference between Klingon and Fed. I find that disturbing given that Fed's have more ship designs anyway to pick from.
The combination of Battle Cloak, Excellent Turn Rate , and All Universal Stats (plus pathetic shields and hull) requires a little more than just giving a Fed ship a single universal station. If anything, a ship with no universal station at all has been stealing some of the BoPs thunder - the MVAM.

But I think it was inevitable after the Excelsior that we would see more ships with "off"- Lt.Cmdr Station. The Nebula and the Kar'Fi followed, then the MVAM AE. If that neuters the BoP, it's time to give it an Ensign Station perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Cruiser pilots - If the Ent-F/Odyssey has an LtC Universal, will you continue to fly your Star/Assault Cruisers?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2011, 06:38 AM
I probably will still fly my AC.

The Ent F is just too hideous to even contemplate flying.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-23-2011, 10:54 AM
I imagine that if it has a universal LtC, we'll see a few more uber-healing ships with a science setup. Putting a tactical LtC in it wouldn't be advisable considering that the Excelsior, with it's higher turn rate, would still be a better offensive ship.

TBH, I really thought they were going to make the Ent-F a tier 6 ship, there's really no point to having it right now, especially if it has the Galaxy's abysmal turn rate.
Closed Thread