Lt. Commander
# 1 Transition to social map?
07-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer. I'm testing some aspects of the foundry on tribble and I was wondering if it is possible to transfer to a social map? Very simple example, you start a mission, interact with an object, then it transfers you to earth space dock where you have to speak with a NPC.

I can set it up like this but it won't transfer to the social map so I'm assuming that it won't work, but I figured I'd ask first.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi,

Make the first objective in the story tab to interact with an npc. Click to select the npc and select one of the default npcs on a social map. This will make the first mission objective to find and talk to that npc in a social zone.

There are also a few objects that can be used.

I hope that answers your question.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2011, 03:19 PM
That I know, I'm talking about doing the same thing but during the mission. Complete a few objectives on a custom map then go to a social map.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2011, 10:02 PM
That should be do able.

Just set the objective as you would to create any other map transition and should create a small "Entering <social zone>" map transition box.

Though the next transition afterwards you would need to select a new door to enter the next custom map again.

I'd ponder a social zone tour mission but I've already got all my slots allocated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag
That should be do able.

Just set the objective as you would to create any other map transition and should create a small "Entering <social zone>" map transition box.

Though the next transition afterwards you would need to select a new door to enter the next custom map again.

I'd ponder a social zone tour mission but I've already got all my slots allocated.

If I'm not mistaken, then we have more limited options for the second map transition. It's been a long time since I tested this, but a complete all with sector space may be the best option. You may not be able to select the default npcs after the first door.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Either way I'll just do a quick test in tribble.

I will edit the results in below.

RESULTS:

SUCCESS

It works as you expect, however while you are still in the mission it seems to allow you access to any previousl 'doors' while the mission is running. I did a test using the same door twice and the second time it allowed access to the first already completed map as well as the new one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Hmmm this is what I tried to test it and it didn't work.

I created a new interior map and had only 1 objective of scanning an object. After the scanning is complete the next objective is to scan an object in space so naturally foundry set up a transition to space. This works fine. After scanning the object in space the next objective is to speak with someone on earth space dock (the social map). However after scanning the object an option does not come up to transfer to earth space dock.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, unfortunately it doesn't inform the player that you should leave the map.

That is something that you have to do as an author via a dialogue Box. Warp out and you will return to sector space at which point you can go to ESD and talk to the contact.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazag
Yes, unfortunately it doesn't inform the player that you should leave the map.

That is something that you have to do as an author via a dialogue Box. Warp out and you will return to sector space at which point you can go to ESD and talk to the contact.
Ohhhhhh that makes sense. I have to try this out noe. Thanks!