Lt. Commander
Many people are complaining about not being able to purchase C-Store ships for future use when they will be qualified to collect and use the ships. I find it hard to believe that you do not want people to be more committed to the game, by allowing them to pay you for ships they are not qualified to collect or use yet. You should allow a character to purchase C-Store ships for their account, even if they are not yet qualified to collect or use those ships at that time. All you have to do is make a note in the item description reminding people that they can not collect or use items until they reach the required ranks for those items. Many people including myself want to take advantage of the current 50% off C-Store ships sale going on right now. I would not pay 2,000 Atari Tokens for the Federation Dreadnought Cruiser, but I would be willing to pay 1,000 Atari Tokens. Many others like me would like to pay you for these ships now and collect them when we qualify to use them. But you don't seem to want our money. I don't think you really want to pass up the sales from people that want to pay you, who would not pay full price for those items later. I am a lifetime subscriber, so please do a favor for me and pass this on to someone who can make the decision before the sale is over and you have turned away the sales of the people who want to pay you for these items. I await a response on the matter.

Thank you for all of your time and help,
SmileyJM
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah it ****ed me off pretty bad when I found I could only purchase ships I can use right now.

The conspiracy theorist in me sees this as a marketting strategy....they put the ships on sale (so they look good), it's not their fault you aren't high enough level to buy them....guess you'll have to buy them later (when they aren't on sale).

Notice how the newest ship is excluded from the offer?

I like the game...but I wish Cryptic didn't display so much raw greed. With atari token prices next to EVERYTHING....it looks like F2P game....but definately isnt
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
Yeah it ****ed me off pretty bad when I found I could only purchase ships I can use right now.

Notice how the newest ship is excluded from the offer?

It has always happened like this. Even in past sales. If you can not use an item, you can not purchase the item.

The latest items are never in the sale following the new items being released.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
It has always happened like this. Even in past sales. If you can not use an item, you can not purchase the item.

The latest items are never in the sale following the new items being released.
Bought the Multi-Vector ship and was going to buy one or two Klingon ships, but only Klingon is currently Lt. Commander. Really irritated that they won't allow us to buy the ships. Even a way to buy C-store items from the website would help since it can't check if your character can use it. It would also help people that don't have access to STO when sales are on since sales are usually done during a holiday weekend and people sometimes have access to the internet, but not their gaming computer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I was shocked and saddened when I learned of this g

What's been Cryptic"s response? They'd make a far more revenue especially with ppl like me (just a Capt)buying more ship slots!

Why is this so?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
There will always be another sale. Always. Don't sweat it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-02-2011, 12:46 AM
make the 50% off permanent
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Tbh I think cryptic deciding to give us a 50% off sale was a good thing, though the whole 'you cannot buy this ship because of your rank' thing really sucks, i finally got all the ships I wanted, however I never want to see another featured episode again, there is nothing on earth quite like grinding your way from commander 2 to vice admiral in 3 days, just to make use of a sale, all I have to do now is roll a new engineer just so I get to play the content that I am way to high to even challenge me with my current engi.

Either that or I would buy a character reset (if it existed) from the c-store, by that I mean a item that rests all my progress and levels back to the beginning of the game, with no xp or anything earned.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2011, 07:24 PM
I just got stung by this also.
I thought maybe they had fixed it up with the release of the new C-Store. But I still can't purchase the Vulcan D'Kyr now for when I eventually level up.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2011, 07:45 PM
**sniffs the air**

Zombies.

**goes off to warn Wishy**
Closed Thread