Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hello, after another month (and I'm just focusing on how Season 4 made this worse, a certain fleet has been doing this for a very long time) of dealing with the F**** S***** spawn camping, I'm asking anyone at Cryptic, or the community to speak up against these type of fleets.

Sinse I first encountered this certain fleet awhile back ago, to the way they act today, it is the same. No amount of tickets, from opposing teams, seem to have done a single thing, which saddens me.

It's one thing to just have a better coordinated attack, but taking up sniper positions or waiting literally on the spawn point with shotguns can never be justified.

I know others have had problems with this fleets doing thist...I'm just wondering...why hasn't anything been done...?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2011, 09:43 AM
not their fault cryptic suck
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I hear they're pretty good in space too, that's just OP
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I hear they're pretty good in space too, that's just OP
To be honest, I haven't encountered them in space much, and well that's an entirely different thing than ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Bud, I'm not saying you are right or wrong. All I'm going to suggest is that you edit any reference to this fleet out, and maybe report your own thread to ask if they will delete or change the title. People get a bit sensitive about the naming and shaming business (which is against the rules anyway).

At any rate, spawn camping is not against the rules, no matter how crappy it might be. This thread, however, is only going to be a point of frustration when you are the one moderated. Do yourself a favor and try a bit of damage control.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I will give my props that they are good at what they do, but I really wish Cryptic would just give us an option to fight premades or not.

Maybe people would start PvPing again knowing there they aren't going to lose as soon as they step into a match.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
This issue isn't exclusive to STO. WoW faced this same problem, that being the problem of premade vs pug. You inevitably encounter a number of issues which arise as a result. For one, people start recognizing when their PuG is up against a premade, sometimes right as the match begins. Many will opt to just leave the arena instead of dying repeatedly, leaving the match further imbalanced. Then of course there is the issue of spawn camping, where the premade team wipes the pug so easily, they just want to end the match ASAP.

In any case, it isn't much fund for either team, unless there are those who enjoy completely one-sided competition (which then doesn't really qualify as competition).

WoW responded to this in a couple of ways, as I recall (though admittedly I haven't played in some time). For one, they implemented Rated Battlegrounds. These were like normal battlegrounds, but they rewarded a higher tier of PvP points (used to exchange for top-tier PvP gear), and were acceptably not meant for PuGs of any kind (though you could, in theory, get a PuG together--chances of success were slim to none as a PuG). They were meant to cater to the premade crowd who could easily organize a large number of participants to work cooperatively against a similar group of opponents in a larger scale PvP environment.

This system was pretty decent on paper, but not without its faults in practice; though it also wasn't unplayable... it worked fairly well from what I recall, sans the bugs.

Additionally, I seem to recall that WoW began restricting how many people you could join a regular battleground with as a premade group. WoW's battlegrounds were multi-group matches, and while before you could organize an entire raid to queue up together, they ended up restricting it to a one-group maximum. The downside to this is the restriction placed on larger guilds/teams who wanted to PvP together; and even with the restricting, a single organized group could still make a world of difference, even in a three-group-per-side match.

I've been on both sides of the fence in WoW, though I've only been in PuGs on STO. Either way, it isn't fun, regardless if I'm in the premade, or the PuG, when going premade vs. pug. It will quickly discourage both the puggers and the premades from being interested in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I will give my props that they are good at what they do, but I really wish Cryptic would just give us an option to fight premades or not.

Maybe people would start PvPing again knowing there they aren't going to lose as soon as they step into a match.
But what qualifies as a Premade exactly?

People from the same fleet?

People in that same fleet, that have built their ships to work with each other exclusively?

Does an OPVP Pugmade count?

Does a group using Vent count?

There in lays the problem, well one of them. The other is that frankly this game doesn't have the subs to have tiered pvp brackets.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Anyone organized enough to put up a better fight. Basically, anyone who has sense enough to read the battle field.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
But what qualifies as a Premade exactly?

People from the same fleet?

People in that same fleet, that have built their ships to work with each other exclusively?

Does an OPVP Pugmade count?

Does a group using Vent count?
I think you pretty much defined a premade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
There in lays the problem, well one of them. The other is that frankly this game doesn't have the subs to have tiered pvp brackets.
There is the possiblity if people know they aren't going to get curbstomped by a premade and actually have fun for a change, then more people might actually play. But as it is now, Cryptic will likely decide to put their resources into making much needed PvE content than PvP.
Closed Thread