Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designated_david View Post
I do hope the Devs are reading this. I have noticed a control issue that seems to have cropped up after the patch on the 7/15/11. It has to do with using the keyboard to activate officer abilities, and it happens on the ground, and in space. Items slitted anywhere in tray 1, regardless of function, or being blank, will activate normally when a number key is pressed. An example is an energy weapon slotted in the #1 slot on tray #1. (0,1) When a repeat press of the same number key without any modifying keys (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) occurs, the power in the 2nd tray will activate (1,1), as though the CTRL key has been pressed. A third tap of the same number key without any modifiers (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) will result in the standard number activating (0,1). The alternating pattern continues as long as this goes on, and occurrs for any number being pressed on the first tray, that number key will alternate to the second tray. I found this when I tried to run Khitomer Accord with my fleeties, I tried to fire my torpedoes sloted to (0,4) and found myself running EPS Power Transfer (1,4).

Re-slotting those abilities does nothing, and is not localized to space, ground, or this particular character. I have examined my key binds, and with the exception of the PTT function, everything else is normal. I run an Alienware TactX keyboard and mouse combo, and although I find the macro keys and special keys for these devices are not entirely compatible, the standard functions of the keyboard and mouse work as they are intended...at least they did before Friday.

I am going to re-install the game, and see if this corrects the issue, but it doesn't look promising. I will follow up with the result. There are other issues similar to this in their "alternating" fashiion, but nothing I can find is identical. Then again, searching these forums isn't what I would describe as "intuitive" either. The website is not without its flaws.
Why does this remind me of the problem in the Exchange when you shop by quality? A search for Any produces a normal mix, Common is missing, Uncommon, (green), gives you Rare, (blue), and Rare searches yield results for Very Rare, (purple). Everything is shifted up by one. I can't help but wonder if the tool tray issue and the exchange search issue are somehow connected, but that seems like an irrational line of speculation on my part.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Quote:
I do hope the Devs are reading this. I have noticed a control issue that seems to have cropped up after the patch on the 7/15/11. It has to do with using the keyboard to activate officer abilities, and it happens on the ground, and in space. Items slitted anywhere in tray 1, regardless of function, or being blank, will activate normally when a number key is pressed. An example is an energy weapon slotted in the #1 slot on tray #1. (0,1) When a repeat press of the same number key without any modifying keys (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) occurs, the power in the 2nd tray will activate (1,1), as though the CTRL key has been pressed. A third tap of the same number key without any modifiers (CTRL, ALT, SHIFT) will result in the standard number activating (0,1). The alternating pattern continues as long as this goes on, and occurrs for any number being pressed on the first tray, that number key will alternate to the second tray. I found this when I tried to run Khitomer Accord with my fleeties, I tried to fire my torpedoes sloted to (0,4) and found myself running EPS Power Transfer (1,4).

Re-slotting those abilities does nothing, and is not localized to space, ground, or this particular character. I have examined my key binds, and with the exception of the PTT function, everything else is normal. I run an Alienware TactX keyboard and mouse combo, and although I find the macro keys and special keys for these devices are not entirely compatible, the standard functions of the keyboard and mouse work as they are intended...at least they did before Friday.

I am going to re-install the game, and see if this corrects the issue, but it doesn't look promising. I will follow up with the result. There are other issues similar to this in their "alternating" fashiion, but nothing I can find is identical. Then again, searching these forums isn't what I would describe as "intuitive" either. The website is not without its flaws.
I'm having the exact same problem. I put tray #1 at the bottom, and it seemed to be a workaround (except for my brain having to adjust to where my powers were located). It was freaky when it first happened, because I was petting my Tribble instead of firing my pistol on Otha. The Borg were not amused...
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't think this is necessarily a Tray One issue as much as it is a bottom tray issue. I put tray 1 at the top, and it is my bottom tray - tray 9 - that is all messed up.
Lt. Commander
I believe that as of the patch on July 21st, the problem has been resolved. Although no patch notes exist to confirm that it was fixed, it does not seem to be an issue any longer.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
I believe that as of the patch on July 21st, the problem has been resolved. Although no patch notes exist to confirm that it was fixed, it does not seem to be an issue any longer.
no, ui issue with icons not displaying still around.... still no auto assist healing i think
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Also nothing to hear about the status of $target.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Also nothing to hear about the status of Hale@SteveHale
Why, it's working just fine in my quote!

Just kidding.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Why, it's working just fine in my quote!

Just kidding.
LoL. Ya bastid.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I am having *the* hardest time getting my Sci's BTS: Shields to actually click