Lt. Commander
# 31
07-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
- Extend Shields does need some sort of penalty for the caster. It just makes sense.

- The entire torpedo system needs a good looking at.
In the past I suggested that Cryptic redo Extend Shields similar to the show, where you are wraping your shields around another ship. So in STO, if you were attacking a ship that had someone extending their shields, the caster's shields should be taking damage more so than the ship that's being attacked.

Right there prevents player teams from extending one an other in an invulnerable circle of protection.

TSS would be the same where you are taking your own Shield HPs and giving it to another.

As for the Torpedo System, Cryptic said they were looking into it. So who knows what they may do.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
TSS would be the same where you are taking your own Shield HPs and giving it to another.
I like this idea if it can be easily implemented, but I'm not sure how self-healing would be affected.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't know whether this would be op or would need more adjustment but i think all APA and APO should get an dmg buff, or the engineering dmg resistance buffs should get reduced.

problem in my opinion is this:
ok APA sais its giving u 60% more dmg, but thats not true - its giving u 60% more "base" dmg of ur weapon which is actual just something between 15 and 18% dmg strenght.
while RSF, EPtS III or ES III all give barely 40% dmg reduction.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I like this idea if it can be easily implemented, but I'm not sure how self-healing would be affected.
Perhaps thinkiing of it similar to the Aux to X abilities, but in this case its more like Auxillary Power to Shields, when self healing.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Photonic Officer is also underwhelming, especially as all science abilities have long global cooldown and the POs reduction doesn't deal with that.
Ah yes this too. IMO the cooldown is too long for photonic officer.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Aux 2 Batt.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Subsystem Repair.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Although this thread could be construed as "X power is OP or UP," I assure you that isn't my intention. I play several ships and I'm judging these powers from personal experience (I even use some of them). My interest is general gameplay balance. Please no flaming, I don't want this thread closed

In no particular order...

Scramble sensors: There have been a lot of complaints about this power and I think there's something to them. My problem with scramble is more directed toward the duration at higher ranks. 30+ second scramble is ridiculous, but even if the durations were to stay the same...a minor change could be implemented without changing the mechanic of the power itself. At the very least, scramble should have a 90 degree arc like Viral Matrix (seeing as they're both sensor probe skills).

Tactical team: I love this power, but it should vary more by rank. There's no reason to run anything but rank one tac team. Maybe scale the shield distribution effectiveness by rank?

Science fleet: 50%+ shield resist is too much. Maybe reduce it to 30% resist to bring it more in line with the other fleet skills?

Tractor beam: Another great power, but it also needs more variation by rank - ideally a stronger hold at higher ranks.

Ablative armor: In my opinion, the best ship gimmick in the game. I think it's great that Ablative has more than one counter and only lasts 15 seconds...but the cooldown should be brought back to 5 minutes because it's pretty much always off cooldown whenever I need it.

Torpedoes: Beside the fact that other torpedoes need to be brought in line with quantums...I think there should be slightly more bleedthrough due to all the heavy shield resist builds people have been using. Even a red sliver of shields can block a High Yield 3 without too much trouble - especially with the current tac team.

Aux to Battery: Seriously now...does anyone use this? It drains aux for a negligible power increase and only lasts ten seconds. Also IIRC, it shares a global cooldown with Emergency to X rather than the other 'aux to' powers.

Emergency to Aux: Needs a better secondary buff. It's almost not worth using if you have a stack of aux batteries (except for the pretty color oooh ahhh).

Energy Siphon: Too weak for the cooldown. Either make the drain stronger or reduce the cooldown.

Photonic Fleet: A bit controversial, but I've always wondered why the photonic ships don't disappear when the sci captain dies. The ships could stand a little more survivability but I think disappearing after the captain dies would be a good tradeoff.

Side note: Just a personal peeve of mine, but it bugs me that teammates can activate their fleet skills and decloak their non-battle-cloak teammates by bringing them into combat

Those are just the powers I thought of off the top of my head. If I missed something let me know and I might add it to the original post.

Remember, flaming will get you nothing except the ban hammer. Let the discussion commence!

Late additions:
Extend shields - the caster should absorb shield damage from their teammate.
Torpedo spread - sucks. Should probably be revisited with torpedo adjustments in general.
MES - needs to give more incentive for sacrificing a boff slot. Less power drain imo.
Photonic officer - needs a shorter cooldown.
Mhh I do agree with alot you're saying here, but I do miss the Subnucleonic beam.
I think its the most unfair ability in this whole game if you ask me. There is not other captain ability which comes even close to this power on a tactical or engineer captain. Not even Tactical initiative (Which in my opinion should work more like it does on ground)

Seconded by the rediculous healing of Engineers :p

3th thing, EptW should get a little DMG Base % buff? I dont know but last time i checked with EptW1 and 2 fully skilled the dmg increase was negligable, like EptS has much more side-effects beside the Power level increase :/

(Im the last to call for a nerf on anything but perhaps you would at least think about it)
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Subsystem Repair.
Of course. Can't believe I forgot that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
3th thing, EptW should get a little DMG Base % buff? I dont know but last time i checked with EptW1 and 2 fully skilled the dmg increase was negligable, like EptS has much more side-effects beside the Power level increase :/
Maybe something along the lines of increasing the duration of the +dmg% buff or increasing power regen like EPS transfer? I personally think EptW is fine how it is but nonetheless I won't ignore the suggestion
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Maybe something along the lines of increasing the duration of the +dmg% buff or increasing power regen like EPS transfer? I personally think EptW is fine how it is but nonetheless I won't ignore the suggestion
Well, i find it weird that only EPtS receives its "extra" (shield resist) for the full 30 sec while the other EPtX don't.