Lt. Commander
# 1 A Klingon Bone
07-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I think it would be nice , with all the new outfits you are releaseing for Fed characters, if you would just allow all Kling faction toons access to all existing outfits. Say i want to dress my orion female up in nausican bladed shoulder and kling leather.. I think we should get this ability. Also I think Kling factipon should be able to either be KDF or "Pirate". Not all of us want to be in the military.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Do you want to subject people to a Gorn in Orion Female Gear? I would prefer it if all races had their own race specific costumes.

What does this suggestion have to do with the C-store? It should be moved to another section.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Becasue I was assuming that we would have to pay for it like almost all other outfit upgrades. Im sorry if I want clear about that.... Plus... You might not want to see it.. but someone, not me mind you, but someone might want to dress their Gorn in an Orion slave gilr bikini.. Shouldnt that be his or her choice.. They pay to play just like you and if thats what they want so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorex View Post
You might not want to see it.. but someone, not me mind you, but someone might want to dress their Gorn in an Orion slave gilr bikini.. Shouldnt that be his or her choice..
no because they dont own star trek and will have to follow what the devs and cbs do. if they dont want a gorn wearing a bakini then thats the final word. if they decide that a gorn can wear a bakini then so be it, then we get the choice. its up to them, as its their product.

there are some items that i think they are trying to convert over like shoulder pads and things to increase the options but some features will always remain faction specific.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Revo.. I was going to the extreame to make the point. I dont think or want them to allow a Gorn Charachter to wear a Orion Bikini(unless they add Female Gorn). You on the other hand can dress your Fem Catain toon in every Fed costume possible. I dont think its cannon to have a cat person dressed as a mecenary but you can do it. So STO is not above breaking cannon to allow for a potintal profit. There are something they can never change and thats fine. As far as I know, there is no reason a Klingon can not wear the Nausican arm blades. It would be logical actually.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorex View Post
Revo.. I was going to the extreame to make the point.
i know you were, but you still asked the question, do we have the right to decide? the answer is no, we get to decide from the options the devs give us. they decide how far to push the envelope and what breaks/bends canon or whatever.

i agree certain uniform pieces should be open up to all races, and i think that is something they will do. there are just technical reasons to overcome to make certain uniforms available for all races.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Certain clothing should be race specific since how many Caucasians would wear a Burqa? Only Orions and Nausicaans have race specific clothing and all races should have their own style of clothing. I am certain that lots of people would like to have Betazoid Wedding attire, but there is a reason why we would never see it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I am certain that lots of people would like to have Betazoid Wedding attire, but there is a reason why we would never see it.
I see what you did there...