Lt. Commander
# 101
07-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Removing something that is "in testing/development" without ever mentioning it again or explaining why it did not make it to release? That's fairly close to a broken promise.
Well, testing is not some meaningless process step, and neither it is the magical step of "after testing, everything works." It is the process that decides if something works. So somethnig being in testing can very well mean something that never sees the light of day because it just plain didn't work.

It's easy for us players to construct this as "promise", but it just isn't. it's just that they like to tell us what they are working on, and what they would like to do. It's not a promise that they can make it work. It's not a contract.

Nevertheless, the fact that it never came (now almost for a year) is disheartening anyway. Because whether they don't care, don't have the time, or it plain is impossible to make work, it means we didn't get it and we might never get it either. So I think we have every right to be disappointed about it. And I also think we could deserve an update, some official statement on it - is it put entirely on hold?

I could see for exampe that if they want to move in Open PvP / Territory Control, that stuff like tournaments or player rankings become irrelevant. Outside of "canned" PvP matches, all these stats would be pretty meaningless.
Lt. Commander
# 102
07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
5 days to go til this "in development and soon to be released" stuff is a year late!
Lt. Commander
# 103
07-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I suggest we celebrate that day by binding fireworks to spacebar.
Lt. Commander
# 104
07-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I suggest we celebrate that day by binding fireworks to spacebar.
I suggested we flood the forums with NyanCats in OPvP, but I like this idea as well.

As long as we bind "HAPPY ONE YEAR OF DASHED PVP HOPES EVERYBODY!" to zone chat.
Lt. Commander
# 105
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm going to celebrate this momentous occasion by arming my ships with FaW. Yes, even my BoP, cause it was Snix who made FaW lolz-worthy just before leaving the company.

Here's to you, buddy, that was an awesome final move
Lt. Commander
# 106
07-26-2011, 07:18 PM
This is very much why we ask not to necro-post threads that have been inactive a long time. You know that some schedules changed and that some developers moved on to other work. Digging it back up will not lead to a productive discussion and so far sadly had not.

(That spamming the forums would be a terrible idea is not something I need to mention. You guys are smart. )
Closed Thread