Lt. Commander
# 601
07-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Mentioned it before, but if they are finalized, then can we see the rewards of each commendation category? Releasing the rewards for one or more commendation category each week should keep some of us sated until Duty Officers come out to test. That way we can go "Look at what the 3rd Tier of Marauder gets. Isn't it awesome?" or "I am so going to max out Espionage because it gets this reward." Also gives the feedback of "Medicine is getting this? Can we change it so that fits better with the Medicine category?" We can give initial feedback to the rewards before testing occurs and we can plan out which commendations to go for since we want to go after a specific reward.
Lt. Commander
# 602
07-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Mentioned it before, but if they are finalized, then can we see the rewards of each commendation category? Releasing the rewards for one or more commendation category each week should keep some of us sated until Duty Officers come out to test. That way we can go "Look at what the 3rd Tier of Marauder gets. Isn't it awesome?" or "I am so going to max out Espionage because it gets this reward." Also gives the feedback of "Medicine is getting this? Can we change it so that fits better with the Medicine category?" We can give initial feedback to the rewards before testing occurs and we can plan out which commendations to go for since we want to go after a specific reward.
This is still a work in progress; right now each tier gives you:
  • A unique title and accolade
  • A duty officer (a valuable but not unique one for Tier I and Tier II, a blue unique for Tier III and a purple unique for Tier IV) for everything but Diplomacy and Marauding (who give unique bridge officers instead of duty officers)
  • Unlocks repeatable assignments that will allow you to get blue and purple bridge officers and advanced skill buff assignments

There are also other types of assignments unlocked, but they're not standardized across each commendation category.

The above is not a complete list, just what has currently been implemented internally. There have been a lot of discussions and experimentation to see what other types of rewards would both be appropriate and are practical to implement. Things that I can personally implement are most likely to be able to happen; things that require getting costume time, for example, are going to be harder, which isn't to say they can't happen, just that it will depend on what other priorities exist for those departments.

And, as always, we're interested in your feedback as to the kinds of things you think would be appropriate for the system.
Lt. Commander
# 603
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
[list][*] A unique title
do we get accolades with new titles?

im an accolade type of guy.
Lt. Commander
# 604
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
do we get accolades with new titles?

im an accolade type of guy.
Yep. I'll update the post to clarify that.
Lt. Commander
# 605
07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
cool, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 606
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
  • A unique title and accolade
  • A duty officer (a valuable but not unique one for Tier I and Tier II, a blue unique for Tier III and a purple unique for Tier IV) for everything but Diplomacy and Marauding (who give unique bridge officers instead of duty officers)
  • Unlocks repeatable assignments that will allow you to get blue and purple bridge officers and advanced skill buff assignments

There are also other types of assignments unlocked, but they're not standardized across each commendation category.

The above is not a complete list, just what has currently been implemented internally. There have been a lot of discussions and experimentation to see what other types of rewards would both be appropriate and are practical to implement. Things that I can personally implement are most likely to be able to happen; things that require getting costume time, for example, are going to be harder, which isn't to say they can't happen, just that it will depend on what other priorities exist for those departments.

And, as always, we're interested in your feedback as to the kinds of things you think would be appropriate for the system.
speaking of work in progress how long till we finally see it on tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 607
07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
if klingons ever get more social zones (like bases in the cardassian and romulan fronts), would the marauding system award transwarp tokens?
Lt. Commander
# 608
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
We're still a long way away from this system being released, aren't we?

Lt. Commander
# 609
07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
speaking of work in progress how long till we finally see it on tribble?
I gotta say, even I'm getting to the point where, while its interesting to heatr that it keeps expanding; and what you want to do whith it down the road; as a player, I'd like to see something ON THE ROAD (so to speak) that I can start testing and providing feedback on. Let's get the initial iteration of your Doff system on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 610
07-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I gotta say, even I'm getting to the point where, while its interesting to heatr that it keeps expanding; and what you want to do whith it down the road; as a player, I'd like to see something ON THE ROAD (so to speak) that I can start testing and providing feedback on. Let's get the initial iteration of your Doff system on Tribble.
None of what I have described is delaying its deployment to Tribble in the slightest. The time remaining to go to Tribble is dependent on tech issues and internal reviews alone. At the moment we are responding to internal feedback and making appropriate adjustments.