Lt. Commander
# 1 Microtrans 101
07-27-2011, 12:08 AM
I have long had some problems with the way the C-store has been run. Overall I like the idea of microtrans and think it needs to evolve as a business model. I'm all for Cryptic evolving this medium, but please please please everyone look at this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...rotransactions

The biggest issues here with the C-store is "don't sell power." I quit this game (and have since come back for S4 and all the great changes) because of the Excelsior refit. Namely that it was a more advanced assault ship than a Sovereign class and demanded I pay money for it. I don't like being asked to pay more money to get kicked in the junk, I got a Sovy because it's the most advanced tactical cruiser in canon and is my favorite ship design, and then I was told that to have the most advanced assault cruiser I need to pay more to fly an old mothballed accordion neck model with love handles.

Seriously guys, rebalance the ships so they make some sense and so the C-store ones are balanced with ones you can obtain in game. For example, have limited stat blocks that apply only to exclusive ships, like say the current Excelsior refit's console configuration goes on the Sovereign (please) but if I really wanted to fly an accordion with love handles I can pay money to move that stat block over to one of my old leveling ships and fly it around at end tier. Or I can pay to have my Miranda refit with the console config on a Starcruiser, cosmetic stuff like that!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
You could just skip the whole C-store part of the and buy the ship with emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 3 lol
07-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
You could just skip the whole C-store part of the and buy the ship with emblems.
yes grind for over 2 months non stop the same mission on every emblem mission and you can get 1 ship. grind for several months and you might just be able to get a dress up crew with extra slots and a tribble. lol Thats a joke in a half. I honestly hope it was meant as that
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Um, you do realize that most of the ships can be purchased with a VA ship token and then grinded for? I can't remember, but I think even the Excelsior (which as excluded for the longest time) can be done the same way. Yes, it's an epic grind, but it's still an option.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2011, 09:56 AM
besides, the Excelsior has been rebalanced since then, it's not nearly as powerful as it was.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
yes grind for over 2 months non stop the same mission on every emblem mission and you can get 1 ship. grind for several months and you might just be able to get a dress up crew with extra slots and a tribble. lol Thats a joke in a half. I honestly hope it was meant as that
I'm grinding for the nebula refit right now, it's not that big a deal.

The true joke is this circular logic:

This ship should be free.
It is free, use emblems.
That's not free enough. I don't want to invest that kind of time for a ship.
Well if you're to lazy to grind for you could just buy it.
um.....This ship should be free.
Rinse
Repeat

I'm sorry you don't like the game enough to play it to get the things you want.
If the ship you have your eye on isn't worth time, and it isn't worth money, then why do you want it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Having a grind mechanism ingame to earn ships isnīt that bad. Unfortunately, after those months of grinding who isnīt tired of playing the same dailys over and over. Itīs not like a new ship comes with new missions or something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Um, you do realize that most of the ships can be purchased with a VA ship token and then grinded for? I can't remember, but I think even the Excelsior (which as excluded for the longest time) can be done the same way. Yes, it's an epic grind, but it's still an option.
Letīs take a look at "most ships":

Token: Intrepid, Galaxy and Defiant Retrofits

Non-Token: Excelsior, Nebula, MVAM Prometheus, Galaxy X, DīKyr

Hm, thatīs 3 to 5. "Most" doesnīt seem to apply. Then again the first sentence in your post is a bit unclear. Are you under the impression that you need to spend a token AND 500 emblems ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Letīs take a look at "most ships":

Token: Intrepid, Galaxy and Defiant Retrofits

Non-Token: Excelsior, Nebula, MVAM Prometheus, Galaxy X, DīKyr

Hm, thatīs 3 to 5. "Most" doesnīt seem to apply. Then again the first sentence in your post is a bit unclear. Are you under the impression that you need to spend a token AND 500 emblems ?
Wow. You left out all of the KDF ships. With the exception of the Guramba, you can get every ship on that side with tokens or emblems.