Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Nova class are Tier 2 ships. And after reading the Wiki on it, will probably be a T2 skin although I seriously doubt that there will be much demand for a T2 C-Store ship.

I wouldn't mind it being a refit as the Nova Sci ships are some of my favorite designs in STO. The simple, elegant, sleek lines of a precursor to the Intrepid class (another fave of mine).
Rhode Island was a future refit of the Nova Class that engaged 2 Negh'Var Battlecruisers in Voyagers "Endgame" and seemed effective so the Rhode Island Nova belongs in tier 5
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, I have to say that it just being a skin when you know about the canon Rhode Island Refit would make this a serious disappointment.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
Rhode Island was a future refit of the Nova Class that engaged 2 Negh'Var Battlecruisers in Voyagers "Endgame" and seemed effective so the Rhode Island Nova belongs in tier 5
Hmm, a Rhode Island on the C-Store at T5...might just have to let my Sci VA's Intrepid have some time in drydock while she takes the new one out for a spin. (even if it's only T2)

Have the Klinks started screaming yet?

p.s. and the front page calendar does say C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
Well, I have to say that it just being a skin when you know about the canon Rhode Island Refit would make this a serious disappointment.
I killed negvhar all the time in my Nova class ship
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-27-2011, 07:32 PM
A Tactical-oriented T5 Sci ship would be very welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
A Tactical-oriented T5 Sci ship would be very welcome.
And I don't want people to claim it is OP. Look at the KDF's Karfi. It isn't OP. And it has 1 more forward facing weapon than a FED sci vessel would.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
And I don't want people to claim it is OP. Look at the KDF's Karfi. It isn't OP. And it has 1 more forward facing weapon than a FED sci vessel would.
Kar'Fi also has a terrible turn rate, fewer consoles, and an Lt Tac that will likely be an Lt Science on any Fed Tac-oriented Sci ship.

I believe that the D'Kyr was originally supposed to have an LtC Tac, but it was then internally deemed OP by the Dev Team leaving us with a Nebula clone.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
p.s. and the front page calendar does say C-Store.
Oh. You're right.

Then... maybe they could give it the Nebula treatment? Make it a viable Tier 3 alternative and then offer an advanced version at a higher tier?

I'm not holding my breath. It could just be a skin. We've had starter ships only useful for the first 10 levels (before level progression compels an upgrade) so a ship skin lasting a tier doesn't sound like it wouldn't have any precedents. Pay 180 C-Point, do not pass go.

Heck, how do you even translate a Nova Variant at Tier 5? It obviously can't quite be as powerful as other offerings - it'd be kind of silly to have it outdo existing ships while its so small (though the same argument could be made for the Defiant).

Ugh. Speculating about it makes my brain hurt. I'll just wait and see. It's not that much of a wait.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
I want, I want if it becomes a t5. If not, forget it. It's the prettiest ship of the line if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Oh. You're right.

Then... maybe they could give it the Nebula treatment? Make it a viable Tier 3 alternative and then offer an advanced version at a higher tier?

I'm not holding my breath. It could just be a skin. We've had starter ships only useful for the first 10 levels (before level progression compels an upgrade) so a ship skin lasting a tier doesn't sound like it wouldn't have any precedents. Pay 180 C-Point, do not pass go.

Heck, how do you even translate a Nova Variant at Tier 5? It obviously can't quite be as powerful as other offerings - it'd be kind of silly to have it outdo existing ships while its so small (though the same argument could be made for the Defiant).

Ugh. Speculating about it makes my brain hurt. I'll just wait and see. It's not that much of a wait.
A T2 skin and a T5 refit similar to the Nebula and Excelsior at T3/T5? I could deal with both.