Lt. Commander
# 21
07-28-2011, 08:46 AM
@ Cryptic - PLEASE COMMUNICATE BETTER

One line announcements don't cut the mustard.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Actually the announcements aren't the problem. The real problem is that they don't say what's broke that is making them take it down in the first place. Again incorporating the foundry into STO was just a mistake waiting to happen, and apparently it has, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
unless a statement like that is coming out thinking on such terms is speculation and not common. nice try to give this company a pass. Their lack of communication and clear understanding of how to communicate with paying customers is their main problem
Yep, there's NO communication from the Dev Team in STO to the playerbase whatsoever - oh, except fpr the Dev Tracker; which see multiple DEv posts a day on a variety of subjects. We also get monthly engineering reports The latested osted on July, 18th, 2011 (link); and monthly Ask Cryptic responses from the EP of STO (TThe lastest thread where you can post a question here for the upcoming August one) (link)

We also get a stream of podcast interviews where the Devs talk about whats happening with STO, the latest to being less than a week ago, (here) and (here) (On July 22 and 23, 2011)

So, yeah, I guess I can see your point that the Cryptic STO Devs don't bother to communicate with the game's playerbase,... oh, wait...

STO has a number of major issues right now to be sure; but I'd say Dev Communication to the playerbase isn't really one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yep, there's NO communication from the Dev Team in STO to the playerbase whatsoever - oh, except fpr the Dev Tracker; which see multiple DEv posts a day on a variety of subjects. We also get monthly engineering reports The latested osted on July, 18th, 2011 (link); and monthly Ask Cryptic responses from the EP of STO (TThe lastest thread where you can post a question here for the upcoming August one) (link)

We also get a stream of podcast interviews where the Devs talk about whats happening with STO, the latest to being less than a week ago, (here) and (here) (On July 22 and 23, 2011)

So, yeah, I guess I can see your point that the Cryptic STO Devs don't bother to communicate with the game's playerbase,... oh, wait...

STO has a number of major issues right now to be sure; but I'd say Dev Communication to the playerbase isn't really one of them.
the point is: nowhere is there an eta for the foundry editor being avilable again. except "asap"... more info would be better.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
Same here, although my main feature is Fleet Actions. I hate Season 4 with a passion. Everything is broken, bugged, and/or imbalanced and recent patches, although I've not tried the latest, have only made things worse. I really want to get back to playing, but with everything as it is, and following the feedback and bug forums, I refuse to even log into the game. I really don't know what to do at this point, other than wait, and pray things change.
I hate season 4 also. I haven't logged in to STO in...2 weeks? 3? Something like that.

I'm just like you, I continue browsing the forums to see what's going on, and it honestly appears that nothing has gotten better. It took until yesterday (or the day before) for Cryptic to fix the UI power changing bug that's been out since S4 released. You'd think that would have come out the very next day, right?

Both my wife and I have LTS, so we'll (probably) be back in the future sometime, but we just bought the Rift box set and subbed there for now. STO is floundering around like a fish out of water, and Cryptic doesn't seem to know quite what to do. Their game continues to lie in a broken state while they're doing things like the E-F. Don't get me wrong, the E-F looks awesome, but if only Cryptic could put that much energy into, oh I don't know, making sure their game worked properly, then we could have a real powerhouse here.

But what we got was an inherently broken game with a few shiny thingies instead. And it makes me sad.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post

A lot of the problem that people have with the way Cryptic communicates with it's player base is the fact that you really have to check fifteen different places to get the entire story. There aren't any other MMO companies out there that force you to do that and it is a little ridiculous. It shouldn't take half an hour of searching through the various communication methods to figure out what's actually going on. At the very least everything should be linked to from the forums.

I'm getting a little irritated by the Foundry being down as well. I actually only re-subbed this month because I wanted to use the Foundry and it's been down for the entire time I've been subbed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Wow, here I was developing a Foundry series around my Vice Admiral Character and ready to stream it out. But I guess I can sit here and come up with a couple episodes and wait for the New Enterprise class to come out. This is really sad Devs. How badly did Foundry get messed up? Did anyone in that office think about what the new season would do to the game and the foundry? I think if you have paying customers you need to have better communication with them and not last minute it or lock threads that do not like the lack of content. Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
This game,if you want to call it that,better get its stuff together before SWTOR comes our or it will be lights out.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I am reminded of Voyager and its famous Holodecks. The Federation built a ship that had a holodeck that for stupid writing convenience, wasn't compatible with the rest of the same bleeding ship.

STO= Voyager
Foundry= Voyager's Holodeck

Stop watching and drawing inspiration from Voyager Cryptic!

Because of the Foundry issues I haven't been able to properly initiate some 20 new fleet members into my fleet. They are missing out on some of our fleet's culture because the foundry mission we use is so shot full of bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-28-2011, 10:00 AM
You people need to calm down.

First, the editor was still turned off anyway, so they only disabled PLAYING missions.

Second, look who wrote that: 2Crypticops, that is the generic "dev account" that the nightime guys who monitor things use sometimes to post notices.

Third, look at the time: thats 4AM Cryptic time.

Obviously, during the maintenance/patch something was botched in relation to the Foundry and the maintenance guys had to turn if off emergency-like. They are NOT devs and thus can't tell you specific thinga.

Once the guys get in and discover the issue, they'll give us the info.

Relax yourselves.

Edit: Also a crash bug on Holodeck as well, so, you know, priorities.