Lt. Commander
# 21
07-28-2011, 05:16 AM
I think you're looking at this from entirely the wrong angle. The Foundry needs to be MORE integrated with STO, not less.

We need things like direct access to foundry missions from the holodecks at Starfleet Academy. Or something like when you fly by a planet a little prompt comes up where you can access any mission that begins there. Or allowing us to create social maps, ship interiors and fleet starbases.

However, it's obvious to me that STO Foundry is no longer a high priority for Cryptic. It may get better after Neverwinter comes out, but for now expect requests and ideas to be ignored.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
The Foundry needs to be MORE integrated with STO, not less.
If anything, in my opinion Cryptic should have the Community use the Foundry to show Cryptic what sort of content (i.e. types of missions, quests etc) the Community would like to see in Cryptic games.

This of course means that the Foundry should be integrated into NWO as well as CO and the Foundry in STO will not get the same attention that it did in the beginning, but that is the way of progress.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
What Foundry? Foundry Died!
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSNet
What Foundry? Foundry Died!
It's just in surgery atm. How well the patient recovers remains to be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's just in surgery atm. How well the patient recovers remains to be seen.
Hard to believe after three weeks, several big "maintenance" patches, the addition of Star Fleet Academy, and the patch to keep you on the grounds of SFA. All this stuff and the only word on Foundry is a message saying the foundry has been taken down "temporarily" with a link to click for more info that dead-ends at the STO homepage. If I were a betting man, I'd bet tomorrows patch doesn't fix Foundry either.

I know you don't believe this, but I'm hopeful for an eventual return of the foundry. But I also fear that fixing it might become a New Years resolution.

At least the game is playable!
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm assuming that alot of the work has been getting either the changes the foundry people made out of the code for now, or bringing the game side in line to use the already established code. Then of course is the chore of recovering the backups and redeploying, testing, etc. Its been a pain in the (redacted) but it is what it is. If anything its a learning experience I hope QA take to heart for future releases/branch merges.