Lt. Commander
# 21
07-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
New Bridge for the Featured Episode series...Enterprise-F in-game in Episode series...1 + 1 = 2...sounds like we've got a E-F bridge.
Captain Logan said there was a new bridge based on Perpetual concept art that we'd seen but that Cryptic's artists had improved and polished it up.

I'm thinking it's based on this:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7...tobridgeps.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I don't know what has happened to her but Christine Vale is the 1st officer of the USS Titan...might be neat to see her as a captain...I still want Sisko somehow though
I'm normally wary of descendants but since she was such a dangling thread in DS9, I'd rather see Sisko's daughter worked in. Jake doesn't belong in Starfleet, really. Sisko's daughter, unlike the general "Starfleet nepotism" characters we encounter is more like Miral Paris (who was used pretty well) in that she's got a lot of potential personality of her own.

Seeing as how Avery Brooks is historically pretty generous with use of his likeness and disinterested in reprising Sisko as a rule, I think it would be nice to maybe place his daughter somewhere important and build an episode around a one time only appearance by Ben Sisko where she winds up meeting her father for the first time.

It feels a bit false to me to emphasize Kirayoshi O'Brien because even if he's in Starfleet, there's no guarantee he'd be important enough for us to interact with.

Rebecca Sisko is different for me. She's largely untouched by the novels. Her birth is a dangling thread from DS9, And she would automatically be important as the daughter of Bajor's greatest religious figure, raised on Bajor.

There's a different between that and being Sulu's grandkid, for me. Nothing about being Sulu's grandkid means you have to be in Starfleet or be important if you are. Being Sisko's daughter, the last trace of him in the galaxy, makes you important. Plus, we keep getting VO reference on Earth Space dock to Lt. Sisko.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Captain Logan said there was a new bridge based on Perpetual concept art that we'd seen but that Cryptic's artists had improved and polished it up.

I'm thinking it's based on this:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7...tobridgeps.jpg
I was looking for that image the other day. I always thought that was a VERY COOL bridge concept so if this is the one that Cryptic is making, I am totally hyped!
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yeah, it's not like Picard ever lost the Stargazer or Ent D with the loss of plenty of life.
How many time did Janeway Blow up Voyager? The Voyager that made it home wasn't even the origonal. (This is a running joke I have with my trekie friends)

Epsiodes Voyager was destroyed in

1. Deadlock (Where the duplicate Voyager, which is the one that returned home, was made)
2. Year of Hell pt. 2
3. "Course: Oblivion"
4. "Timeless"
5. "Relativity"

Voyager was destroyed more times than Troy crashed the Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
How many time did Janeway Blow up Voyager? The Voyager that made it home wasn't even the origonal. (This is a running joke I have with my trekie friends)

Epsiodes Voyager was destroyed in

1. Deadlock (Where the duplicate Voyager, which is the one that returned home, was made)
2. Year of Hell pt. 2
3. "Course: Oblivion"
4. "Timeless"
5. "Relativity"

Voyager was destroyed more times than Troy crashed the Enterprise.
If I remember correctly, the Enterprise-D was destroyed on a number of occassions as well.
Lt. Commander
# 26 bad journalist
07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Did Dan say it would be nice to hear the Captain and "her" crew? So the new Captain of the F is female?
Well i blame the interviewer who did not listen to the answer and catch up on that. bad journalism, but sometimes i felt he was not listening to dan just going with the motions letting dan talk talk talk and not challenging him. he did not even vet his questions to understand the depth of them and notice all of them are c-store questions, yet he does not deal with why all the new ships and items have to go through the c-store

female captains have said the federation and improved its defensive abilities as well as territory. if the C didnt step in to defend that kingon base the federation would be in a lossing war. "yesterday's enterprise" if janeway didnt come back with high tech information and tech the fed would be assimlilated
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Yeah, it's not like Picard ever lost the Stargazer or Ent D with the loss of plenty of life.
Picard didn't loose the D he was down on the planet Troi is the one who crashed it and Riker is the one who gave the order, which is why he's probably captain of a science vessel now lol
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagamei View Post
Picard didn't loose the D he was down on the planet Troi is the one who crashed it and Riker is the one who gave the order, which is why he's probably captain of a science vessel now lol
Why was Picard down on the planet? Oh. Right. Because he traded himself for his chief engineer in a hostage exchange.

And why did the Enterprise-D get destroyed? Because Riker sent Geordi back to work without any investigation after Geordi was tortured by Klingons.

Of course, the huge plothole I'm partial to is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_5h0BRO5O4

Anyone who died aboard the D died because Picard was willing to violate the Temporal Prime Directive to save people on Veridian IV but not his crew. (And he got Kirk killed in the process.)
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Did Dan say it would be nice to hear the Captain and "her" crew? So the new Captain of the F is female?
Ships are commonly refered to as her/she.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm also partial to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-LnEWWj9F0

This one is also a classic:

http://youtu.be/kOQL3fbRCmE