Lt. Commander
# 71
07-29-2011, 03:34 AM
CPB and Tachyon beam, because they can be buffed well, shall not bypass shield resistance, and/or shall have lower dmg. and yeah less resistance/heal would be nice. And phaserproc.... lulz who was the id.ot who let em proc on shields?
Lt. Commander
# 72
07-29-2011, 08:09 AM
CPB does not need a buff. 4.5k drain on cp3. Get two ships with that, and you've got an entire enemy team that's been deprived of shields.

CPB2's drain isn't anything to sneeze at either.
Lt. Commander
# 73
07-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
CPB does not need a buff. 4.5k drain on cp3. Get two ships with that, and you've got an entire enemy team that's been deprived of shields.

CPB2's drain isn't anything to sneeze at either.
If you have ever used CPB on Kyle-Phoenix you would know you have misunderstood him. (Tip: He is getting reaaallly angry if you do this and kill him afterwards... makes me chuckle every time ). What he means is it can be buffed via equipment and so on. So he is basically calling for a nerf.
Lt. Commander
# 74
07-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
If you have ever used CPB on Kyle-Phoenix you would know you have misunderstood him. (Tip: He is getting reaaallly angry if you do this and kill him afterwards... makes me chuckle every time ). What he means is it can be buffed via equipment and so on. So he is basically calling for a nerf.
Yeah lol. CPB3 buffed with sci fleet etc... its pretty much OP. if its not enough, use a tachyon beam3 with it. Not to mention its a lil AOE what can hit anyone near it. And being shot from a ganksquad, then getting cpb3+cpb3+tachyon3 is a bit much.
The über pvpers calling nerf on heals etc. Then these magic stuff need nerf too.
Lt. Commander
# 75
07-29-2011, 09:10 AM
meh, tachyon is not OP. Maximum 6k drain, but only if you put all resources into it. That means running 125 AUX and speccing fully in Ops, Def and DefD. Also, it has a narrow arc, and is difficult to apply to fast ships because of this.

CPB... yes, can easily drain multiple ships, and has no arc. Reduce range to 3km and we're good.
Lt. Commander
# 76
07-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Phasers, are all sorts of broken. I find it humorous that everything VM used to do, phasers are still allowed to do without even taking up a boff skill.
Lt. Commander
# 77
07-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Phasers, are all sorts of broken. I find it humorous that everything VM used to do, phasers are still allowed to do without even taking up a boff skill.
Phasers (especially under RF) are a free, cheap VM for errbody.
Lt. Commander
# 78
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
In my opinion,

If scramble sensors were to be left as is, it should at least be fragile. Meaning that if the person who scrambled you deals X amount of damage, then his scramble on ALL targets wears off. Because it would become obvious that if that person is still attacking you, that he's the enemy.

Torpedo: Spread, should not have a Target limit. It should hit each enemy caught in the AOE, with the only difference being the Damage the Spread deals visualized by the torpedoes launched.

Science Fleet I agree may be too high when used in conjunction with other Science Captains all working together and keeping it up constantly. It should either be reduced by 25% of it's current possible maximums, or 50% of it's maximum. Either that, or reduce it's duration significantly.

I feel each "team" ability should do more then they do. Or at least their Global Cool downs should not affect each different team ability the way it does. It shouldn't be a shared cool down between all team abilities, but perhaps a reduced global cool down among team abilities, with a higher global cool down for the same team abiliy. (For example, If you have Tac team 1 and Sci team 2, And you use Tac team 1, Sci team would go on a 5 second Global. If you have 2 Tac team 1's, then Tac team 1 would go on a 15 second global cool down. while the other Tac team is recharging.)

Yeah, I agree with Tractor Beam, it's hold strength should be based on 3 factors: Aux power, Skill ranks, and Version. Meaning If you have a fully trained, fully Consoled, 125 Aux Tractor Beam 3, not even an Evasive Maneuvers + Engi battery should be able to escape it's hold during the duration.

Energy Siphon, I agree is another power that is sorely lacking in effect. It's Drain and Duration should be based on Training, Consoles, and Aux. Not just it's Duration. Right now the power drain from Energy Siphon 3 is pathetic. And it's so minimal compared to Energy siphon 2, there really isn't much need to waste a Commander slot on Energy Siphon 3 at all.

I agree on Photonic fleet, in that if you are blown up, those holographic ships should disappear. Your dead.. nothing should be able to sustain them..

Aux to Battery could at least have it's ability to put Battery based items on cool down, or maybe at least greatly reduce how much global cooldown the Batteries get placed on when Aux to Battery gets used. Or, if it's going to continue to put them on that kind of a cool down, Maybe it should act like a Weapon, Engine, and Shield Battery when used, in that it does their secondary effects as well. (Boost Weapon damage, Shield Resistance, and even Speed for it's duration, if it doesn't already.)

Extend shields should absolutely make your ship take shield damage for the person your extending. Your essentially using your shield power to protect your ally. Also maybe it should be changed so that it's just one big shield bubble AOE around you, extending out to protect multiple ships at a time. But I guess that would be over powered in mass numbers right?

I agree Team powers should not cause a Red Alert if you your self aren't with in the range of the ally to make sense (Like 10km or less) And it should not de-cloak/de-MES a ship that would de-cloak from such an effect.

The subsystem repair skill definitely needs to be fixed and actually work. Either that, or just remove it all together. Because right now, there is no actual benefit from having points in that skill.

Photonic Officer and MES are skills that are... Difficult to buff.. but I agree they need something else.. Either a better Cool down, or less penalities to using the skill.
Lt. Commander
# 79
07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
If scramble sensors were to be left as is, it should at least be fragile. Meaning that if the person who scrambled you deals X amount of damage, then his scramble on ALL targets wears off. Because it would become obvious that if that person is still attacking you, that he's the enemy.
That would just mean every SS team would have 2 full aux sci guys really not shooting anymore.

I do like SS being fragil though. It should just be when a scrambled target takes X amount of dmg. Meaning that if you scramble someone and ANY one shoots at them it will break the SS after X dmg. (Call it battle reset what ever theres far more in the game that makes far less sense)

This would still make it the 30+S OP mode it is in PvE..... pick the PvE ships off one at a time and no issue.
SS a team of people and focus fire... you will unscramble them. This would still mean healers would need to clear it.... just would make it harder to SS a team and faw them to death ect.

Thinking about it... the Battle Reset mode... could also apply a SS immunity.... so if you SS someone and no one was shooting at them like say a healer.... you could chain it on them. lol
Could make for an intresting use of the skill... and reduce FAW/GW/SS annoying setups.
Lt. Commander
# 80
07-29-2011, 04:19 PM
tricobalts and plasma torps should come with a remore detonation button so you can splode them even if they dont hit a target.