Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
If only they let more than one winner... win. But you definitely deserved the win I wish I won though.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Congrats Thalasi!

I liked the numurous tie-ins you made with the Star Trek universe. You created a very nice rich lush history for it.
It's to bad that there isn't more to find on the planet but some old artifacts and possibility of alien tech.

A living civilization would be nice! hehe

Good Job all the same!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Hmm, to tell the truth I am a bit disappointed.
Not much of a story, more like a wikipedia entry.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
lol it's funny cause it's true
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-13-2009, 05:01 PM
It's better than mine would have been. I'm glad I didn't bother to enter :p
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Thalasi!

Party!

Lt. Commander
# 27
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone, this is very exciting for me! I know it wasnt the greatest story ever told or anything but you can only be so detailed with a word limit and I did my best. Now we just need to get this beta under way, I cant wait!

Thanks again for all the kind words, I look forward to exploring the galaxy with you soon.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Congratulations! You clearly put some thought into the idea and handled that thought well.

However, I must be honest here...
Without putting down the winner one iota, the story seemed just a tad above ho-hum, with a good idea of the lava bomb just another weapon to add to the huge array of weapons launched by many writers. The add-on element of "environmental consciousness" drafted through the structure of the breaking moon killing those who caused it, seems just a politically correct ending.

I am led to the conclusion that the judges were not really looking for deeply creative ideas, but for ideas that could be safely taken through the management trail at their company without any backlash. Maybe not, but years in that environment speak loudly.

Unfortunately, this win could seriously dampen the enthusiasm of those brilliant writers who no doubt entered the contest, only to sigh in disbelief at the winning entry.

To the winner: please don't take this personally - it's merely constructive criticism that I hope will help you in your writing endeavours.
To the judges: please be honest and very clear about what you are wanting and what your decision criteria will be, and communicate this to future contestants.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
I agree.
I don't mean to sound arrogant or disrespectful to the story winner...but...I just didn't particularly like the winning entry.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
Here here, I want to be one of the few that thinks this was a little weak, this isn't because of jealousy, im quite pleased he won, its just it leaves a lot to be desired, its like cavier, everyone says Cavier is so tasty and fantastic but the truth is, its not and there agreeing with popular oppinion rather than making themselves seem uneducated by saying what it really tastes like, wake up people, this story was wishy washy. Id give it 4/10
Closed Thread