Lt. Commander
# 1 Release Notes, in the launcher
07-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Until the season 4 update, Release Notes for the current patch were listed in the launcher. It was nice. It was easy to access, and, most importantly, it was right there.

Since then, the release notes have been replaced with a gargantuan ad for the C-Store. That's okay, I suppose... but, I for one would much rather still be able to peruse the release notes from the launcher.

The best way to do this would be to make it so that the current link to the release notes at the top of the launcher window opens them in the old style.... as opposed to forcing us to open up a new browser window and do extraneous navigation in said window in order to read them. (If I wanted to look at the notes on the site, I'd just come here manually instead of clicking your link)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-30-2011, 01:27 AM
It's been discussed at length when it changed, essentially it's down to Cryptic using a common launcher for their games. Makes system management a whole lot easier.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2011, 01:28 AM
Patches and their notes are unimportant, Cryptic's money is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
Patches and their notes are still found exactly where they've always been on the boards, which don't require using the launcher to see.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar

Darn right it is, and I hope they are making a mint. The more they make the more they will support the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirael View Post
Darn right it is, and I hope they are making a mint. The more they make the more they will support the game.
umm have you played STO recently ???? All the bugs, the time its taking to fix the bugs, balance issues from not testing the ground combat enough, no content for almost half a year, need i go on ?

I see it said a lot that the c-store is good because it supports the devs, but I really doubt more c-store sales are going to change the level of support we get.... In fact more of us should be asking where all the money they are currently making from subs and cstore money is going ? It isnt going back into STO thats for sure....

Ohh and i do agree the patchnotes link should open the patchnotes within the launcher... its annoying that it opens up firefox !!!!!