Lt. Commander
# 11
07-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Be aware that the generic Borg Drones don't have ranged weapons at all--they can only attack via melee damage, so you may be safest keeping out of their melee range.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-31-2011, 12:18 AM
the borg are nothing much to worry about. they are not always a walk in the park but they are not some unstoppable force either.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Just make sure you and your Boffs all use different kinds of energy weapons and your whole away team has a remodulator. There are six energy types, which is perfect. Engineer turrets use phasers/disruptors (fed/kdf), so the rest is for you and your team.
Just to be clear: Borg adapt on a per energy per person basis. So if you are using antiproton and so is your partner, if you never fire a shot and your partner does all the firing you won't have to remodulate at all. In canon terms, you may have the same weapon as an ally, but his is at a different frequency.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-31-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm gonna repeat a lot of what others have said but the way I see it it should reinforce their advice, and this is what works for me.

Your away team can pack six weapons total, including the two you carry. There are six different energy types. Use them all. You might have to use explore marks/badges to get the antiprotons but that will round you out. So do your explores and carts of the B'tran/Azlea as soon as you can. I do not seem to run into Borg too often in those and if you do you can just back out of the mission and cherry pick another that will work better for the way you are set up at first.

Pack two science officer BOs set up as medics with at least one root, or sleep each make sure they both have Nanite Probes.

Polyweave armor will help a lot if they get close enough to bash you but try to keep them at range. Get used to moving while you shoot. Also polyweave armor offers almost as much energy weapon protection as energy dampening armor in end game, (PW=38, ED=40), the small amount you lose is worth it.

Make sure every one including yourself has a remodulator. Remodulate after each mob encounter, (seems like they share their adaptation among mobs).

The second you see "Adapted" float over their heads remodulate.

That and AOE weapons seem to make them adapt faster so try to pick single target weapons when ever possible.

Melee weapons are effective but the way they can assimilate you and your crew makes me avoid that route now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Just to be clear: Borg adapt on a per energy per person basis. So if you are using antiproton and so is your partner, if you never fire a shot and your partner does all the firing you won't have to remodulate at all. In canon terms, you may have the same weapon as an ally, but his is at a different frequency.
Really? I just assumed they would adapt to the energy type in general. I guess he does not need that "pack all different energy types" advice I gave then.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Actually the Borg really don't adapt at all. But after firing a few shots at them YOU receive a debuff "100% less energy type x damage to Borg" .
So you swap to a different energy type, but this doesn't effect other players or Boffs. So it's fine to use an all phaser crew.
Only after you are debuffed for both energy types will you have to use the remodulator.
Some additional advice, get near an object you can duck behind for when you have to remodulate. You will be very vulnerable when doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-31-2011, 03:28 AM
using all 6 energy types is A way to go, but not my personal favourite

i prefer using disruptors on boffs and disruptor + antiproton or polaron for boffs and polaron + antiproton for myself

why?

because if ur boffs remodulate for disruptors/polarons , u automatically get the remodulation aswell
therefore, u nearly always have a weapon ready to fire off a secondary with a knockback (namely, shotgun)

as far as boff powers go:

sci:
nhm
a good root
other heals

eng:
3 shield recharges
a weapons malfunction

or

2 shield recharges
mortar (these r a REAL killer in larges fights and they can be set further out of the battle)
turret

tac:
1 grenade/battle strategies
1 overwatch
1 fire on my mark
1 suppresing fire

this way u tear them apart from my experience (using badge mk x weapons for boffs and 2 borg killers for myself)
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-31-2011, 04:02 AM
I believe Quick Fix on an Engy will also remodulate all your weapons.

Honestly though... I forgot to make myself some Remodulators and I managed to get by just fine with Melee and having support drones and the Quick Fix remod my BOFFS. The Borg are pretty pathetic. I was able to stand in the middle of their groups and beat down their Heavy Tacticals without ever running the risk of being assimilated.

Another side note: They do not seem to adapt to Photon Grenades and it knocks them over thus preventing their actions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-31-2011, 05:15 AM
I did Assimilation and wiped both maps of the all Borg on the cube with my away team ......no worries
just vary your weapon type among your boffs it slows down there adaptation.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Actually the Borg really don't adapt at all. But after firing a few shots at them YOU receive a debuff "100% less energy type x damage to Borg" .
So you swap to a different energy type, but this doesn't effect other players or Boffs. So it's fine to use an all phaser crew.
Only after you are debuffed for both energy types will you have to use the remodulator.
Some additional advice, get near an object you can duck behind for when you have to remodulate. You will be very vulnerable when doing so.
This is correct, the Borg adapt to the INDIVIDUALS weapon