Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I think you're missing the point of my video, which is that you don't even have to use abilities, or even be near the computer, to beat the mission. Using abilities is cheating, didn't you know? You get labled elitist for that.
I'm not doing the missions just for the grind. I want something to focus on. Pressing the "I win" button and walking away isn't fun. And it doesn't label you "elitist" to use powers. It labels you "Smart". Go PvP with that build, and allow me to laugh at just how fast you die. Honestly...

But I have to give you one thing: For someone that doen't get the point of a major game function, you have decent grammar. That's something, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Play on Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Ice
I'm not doing the missions just for the grind. I want something to focus on. Pressing the "I win" button and walking away isn't fun. And it doesn't label you "elitist" to use powers. It labels you "Smart". Go PvP with that build, and allow me to laugh at just how fast you die. Honestly...

But I have to give you one thing: For someone that doen't get the point of a major game function, you have decent grammar. That's something, at least.
Instead of attacking me in game, let's settle this in an arena match? your fleet against my fleet. Clean and fair.

Or, how about you behave like a normal person. If you think PvE'ing is smart, using buttons in PvE is smart, then let's see your skills in pvp. My characters are all in the bottom, feel free to hit me up in game ^^
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Instead of attacking me in game, let's settle this in an arena match? your fleet against my fleet. Clean and fair.

Or, how about you behave like a normal person. If you think PvE'ing is smart, using buttons in PvE is smart, then let's see your skills in pvp. My characters are all in the bottom, feel free to hit me up in game ^^
I'll take you up on that... after I hit Lt.G. I'll hot Brigadier General later today, and that's the final real stretch.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
I'll take you up on that... after I hit Lt.G. I'll hot Brigadier General later today, and that's the final real stretch.
Fantastic /salute sir. Meanwhile, feel free to check out some practice vids of mine. Just fooling around here
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Fantastic /salute sir. Meanwhile, feel free to check out some practice vids of mine. Just fooling around here
I didn't say I've never PvP'ed. I did it for a while on my VA about a week ago. My Fed Dread served me well, but its turn rate hurt. A lot. Gotta say, though, the Cloak helped. It was a Space Capture and Hold, Fed v Fed AND Fed v KDF. They'd capture a spot... I'd decloak after they left and recapture it. It was hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamma. View Post
Play on Elite.
I think I want to date your Avatar?
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
I think you're missing the point of my video, which is that you don't even have to use abilities, or even be near the computer, to beat the mission. Using abilities is cheating, didn't you know? You get labled elitist for that.
Well said. Other than that, all that's left to say is 'w000000000000000000000000000000000sh'.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
I found out early on that if you want any challenge in the game you need to play on elite - and never change it
If you also want it to be varied and fun, I would recommend checking out the PvP Queue thingy hidden in that drop-down menu.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Oh how you are doing it wrong... let me count the ways...

1: You're a Lt.G in a Varanus. DOING IT WRONG. B'Rel Refit/Garumba or bust.
2: You're turning at full speed. Turning is for half speed, especially for anything that can launch other ships.
3: You don't turn the other way when you're shields failed. You dropped near half hull. My shields almost never go down that far, but I never drop below half hull.
4: All weapons on Autofire. Just plain WRONG. Disruptors, fine, but NEVER, EVER put torpedoes on autofire. EVER.

I took this video shortly before I made this topic. Coincidentally, it's the same mission. THIS is doing it RIGHT in the Maiewski System Assault. Granted, my video recorder (LIKE ALWAYS >.>) sped up the frame rate, but my cooldowns will tell you what you want to know.

And keep an eye on my chat box. I make a few commentaries in there.
The point, you are missing it completely.
w0000000000sh indeed.
PVE is stupid easy, & can be completed with autofire, a book, & a dice on your a key.
Sure, you don't HAVE to do that, but the fact that you can is a problem.
Most of the PVPers realized that a long time ago, that every PVE opponent does the same thing EVERY time you fight it. If I hadn't discovered PVP, i would have left this game after i got my first toon to the level cap.