Lt. Commander
# 1 STOGeek dead?
07-19-2011, 01:12 AM
I noticed - looking at the recent changes and what not - that there hasn't been any changes on STOGeek since JadeEnigma did a mass purge of all the spam crap that was put onto the site over a month ago. I decided I'd try to update some of the stuff I had on there, only to find that all of my edits are locked out by the spam filter. I can upload pictures, but I can't create or edit articles - I can't even leave a message on someone's talk page.

Does anyone here know what's up? As I said, I know it went into spam hell for a while, but I'm wondering if anyone even bothers with it now.

Thanks,
- Joshmaul
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2011, 08:09 AM
I was just about to ask about that Spam Filter thing. I can't edit any of my articles, because "The page you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter. This is probably caused by a link to an external site." I know for a fact that the stuff I'm editing has ZERO external links.

I didn't notice any spam in my use of STO Geek either, so I don't even know why it was implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Oops, nevermind this post...
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2011, 03:00 AM
The spam filter appears to have been lifted, but here's word from JadeEnigma:

Quote:
It has been over three years and this site has done fairly well for itself. Unfortunately, myself and my partners both became so very dissapointed with Star Trek Online that we threw up our hands and let the site run itself. It is still very popular, and for a reasonable price, you can own it! Contact me and let's talk!
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I thought it had already been bought? At least editing works now...