Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
*starts digging the whole*

PuGs n Premades will never be on the same playing field, the question is who benefits most from resits and heal stacking? The gamedesign does its part to tip things towards a certain sense of balance.

If two copies of TSS no longer stack, I can design my 5 man team around this problem. Era gets ES1-3, Trin HE1-3 etc, ...
A pug, however, could never hope to match that. Each member would bring a fairly similar mix of TT, EptS, ET etc. Wouldn't we effectively punish them for sharing heals, while granting premades even more powerful copies of the same abilities?

I for one would be weary of such a change.

*flame suit on*

To be clear, I still think Science Fleet needs a balance pass vis a vis the others.
No need to flame suit. Its a valid concern, you have a point. It could also discourage cross healing even more... which is the last thing pugs need. You have a good point. Perhaps what is needed is a diminishing return formula for that situation as well.... perhaps having 3 copies of HZ on your means the best one applies 100% the second 50% the third 25% any more then that something silly like 10%. This would make it less of an impact to stack... but not pointless.