Lt. Commander
# 1 Tiny tidbit questions...
08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm getting into the game very late. Please, everyone, forgive me.

With that said I've done quite a bit of forum surfing, googling a bit & I may be over looking what I'm looking for but I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.

I'm new. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out some things along the way. I won't go into great detail because I'm sure that will bore just about everyone out there.

I'm looking for guides/info on things such as what "emitters" do, or what an "expose effect" is...or wow....what a "spatial anomaly" is used for. These, are just really the tip of the iceberg (and the first 3 I wrote down really).

If there is a guide out there explaining minor things such as these & all the others, please point me in that direction & I will be on my way.

Thank you for your time!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowski View Post
I'm getting into the game very late. Please, everyone, forgive me.

With that said I've done quite a bit of forum surfing, googling a bit & I may be over looking what I'm looking for but I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction.

I'm new. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out some things along the way. I won't go into great detail because I'm sure that will bore just about everyone out there.

I'm looking for guides/info on things such as what "emitters" do, or what an "expose effect" is...or wow....what a "spatial anomaly" is used for. These, are just really the tip of the iceberg (and the first 3 I wrote down really).

If there is a guide out there explaining minor things such as these & all the others, please point me in that direction & I will be on my way.

Thank you for your time!
Read the stickied posts in this forum, like this one http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=186318

there is a ton of info available to you there. Also, right click things and read the info they have listed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Dunno about a Guide but Emitters go with the Hazard Emitters Bridge Officer Skill which is a powerful Hull healing ability which grants a resistance bonus as well and can target you or friendlies.

Expose refers to a ground attack or effect that makes the target open to attack. There will be an orangish red swirl on their body to indicate their exposed state. Once exposed an "Exploit" attack will deal them MASSIVE damage.

Spatial Anomaly? Well the ones you scan give you Data samples needed in crafting but I suspect you are talking about skills or Deflectors that add to them. Spatial Anomalies come in two major forms of Science Bridge Officer Abilities: Tyken's Rift (a very powerful energy draining AoE attack), and Gravity Well ( A decent AoE Tractor Beam/Kenetic Damage Effect... Think Weak Blackhole.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Also check out STO Wiki it is a good resource.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Read the stickied posts in this forum, like this one http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=186318
Thank you very much! I did rifle through a lot of these links here & find a few issues that bother me though:
1. They are outdated. Badly outdated. 6+ months if not a year or 18 months out of date. Hasn't the game changed at all in this time frame? I was told it has. Do the stats remain the same or have they evolved with the game?

2. Some of them don't work. This falls into the same line as #1.

I do have STO Wiki book marked. Great info there!

Thanks, everyone for the prompt and helpful replies!!