Lt. Commander
Something that has been bothering me ever since I first purchased a Borg Bridge officer from the C-store is the fact that no where in the description does it mention that this is an Engineering Officer only.

(I originally purchased it when I needed a science officer to fill a slot and thought it would make the perfect fit.)

Could we please have a simple fix done in the item description by adding the word 'engineering' before the word 'officer' in both the Fed and Klingon texts? It sure would go a long way toward avoiding confusion in the future.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I'd agree on that. Though just so you know, you CAN get a Science Borg Bridge Officer. His appearance can't be modified... I believe you can get him from The Cure? Or Perhaps it's Khitomer Accord... I wish I could remember.
Lt. Commander
# 3 borg boff
07-26-2011, 01:34 PM
the borg science officer is from Khitomer accord. you have to walk through a machien at the top of the node room or the one in the hall way just past six of nines room. after u get the accolade assimalated and have completeed KA. you talk to 4 of ten and go to battle group omega and claim your Boff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2011, 01:01 AM
I would like it if the Borg BOFF purchace worked similar to how the Catin and Aenar BOFF do. That way the player can pick either male or female, and either Engineer, Science, or Tactical. As for the Khitomer Accord BOFF, I would change it so that earning the accolade will give you a free Borg BOFF token which you could use, or sell. Then those who don't want to wait, can build an all Borg crew right out of the gate if they are willing to shell out the cash.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I would like it if the Borg BOFF purchace worked similar to how the Catin and Aenar BOFF do. That way the player can pick either male or female, and either Engineer, Science, or Tactical. <snip>
This is exactly why I put up this post. I assumed (since there was nothing in the description saying otherwise) that I would be able to choose gender and profession when I purchased it.

So until they actually state what you are getting by spendng your real money on this C-store item (a Borg female ENGINEERING officer), or change it so you can chose what it is, I would say it borders on 'deceptive practices'.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2011, 05:28 PM
The female Borg Engineering Boff was originally a preorder for getting STO through Amazon. Might cause some problems with getting Borg Boff Acquisition tokens.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
What BO skilss do she have?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I have known from the beginning that it was a Female Engineer, in part from the picture.

For space, she has Emergency to Sheilds1, Engineering Team2, Directed Engergy Modulation3, and Acetion Field 3
For Ground, she has Sheild Rechage1, Weapon Malfunction2, Shield Generator Fabrication2, and Reroute Power to Sheilds2.

For passives, she has Efficent, Resilient, Superior Borg Nanites, and Superior Borg Neural Blast. This is the same for both Fed and Klink versions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The female Borg Engineering Boff was originally a preorder for getting STO through Amazon. Might cause some problems with getting Borg Boff Acquisition tokens.
Diffculty in a conversion to any career type you mean?

Simply adding the word "engineering" before "officer" in the descriptions (both Fed and Kling) would be an extremely easy and much needed fix.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post
Diffculty in a conversion to any career type you mean?

Simply adding the word "engineering" before "officer" in the descriptions (both Fed and Kling) would be an extremely easy and much needed fix.
No in just a legality sense. It should be as easy to make Borg Officer Acquistion tokens as the Caitain and Aenar Acquistion tokens if not easier, but there is the Amazon Borg and the KA Borg Boffs available so Cryptic might have to get approval of changing the Amazon Boff to Borg Acquistion tokens.

My liberated Borg Captain would enjoy the option of getting more Borg Boffs. More Borgs for her Collective of three. Liberated Borg are so easy to join a new Collective as long as they have the choice to join and are able to keep their individuality. Regular crew members get real irritated when assimilation comes up. Its as if they don't want to join and not have their thoughts listened to by other crew members.