Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
LOL, that is all
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-02-2011, 04:41 PM
glade they came to your senses.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Any article that is 1 sided, either positive or negative, is useless. That article does a good job of highlighting STO's improvements, but pretty much ignores the substantial problems it still has. For someone who is considering trying the game or returning this article is only going to fool them into thinking everything is great when it in fact is not. Some things are, but others are very NOT great.
Very true, I don't trust any "news" article when it only highlights one side of the story. **peers around for Fox News Employees**

Removed TTH from my bookmarks, to avoid being misled.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
My point wasn't LOTRO is better, my point is people are starting to trickle elsewhere. I'm aware of everything you mentioned and do understand player consumption.

But, the level at which Cryptic is allowing at this point is ridiculous plain and simple. I don't care if MMO A and MMO B has similar issues. STO needs to get its act together
course folks are trickleing elsewhere it's the nature of MMOs, heck I'm playing THIS game while waiting for LOTRO to introduce content
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I think the article was fine, its not a review just a editorial comment. The writer pointed out what he liked and pointed out the lack of content. What other substantial problems does he need to list?? I really think people have overstated the issues with season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
I think the article was fine, its not a review just a editorial comment. The writer pointed out what he liked and pointed out the lack of content. What other substantial problems does he need to list?? I really think people have overstated the issues with season 4.
This game has not received any official new mission content in the last FIVE MONTHS. In that time period, the Foundry has been the only source of new missions coming into the game, even though they arent official missions. S4 broke the Foundry, and there are still a ton of missions that are broken. So not only have the Devs not added any new missions to the game in an obscene amount of time, they also broke the only system that was adding new missions to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
This game has not received any official new mission content in the last FIVE MONTHS. In that time period, the Foundry has been the only source of new missions coming into the game, even though they arent official missions. S4 broke the Foundry, and there are still a ton of missions that are broken. So not only have the Devs not added any new missions to the game in an obscene amount of time, they also broke the only system that was adding new missions to the game.
Unfortunately, it seems every time, thus far, that Cryptic releases a new season, the STO game experience is severly altered for the worse for a couple months until all the bugs are fixed. I have gotten so use to this, that when I was playing more regularly I would often play a couple times after the new season to ensure my assumption was right, and then wait to play the new content months later, so not to be constantly frustrated by the poor STO gaming experience, of having new conent at the expense of old content not working.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I was glad to see Cryptic would make a link to an article like this, for as much as I agree with the article Cryptic must as well, or they would not post a link to it. I share the joy of how much STO has improved since launch of last year, but strongly agree with the concluding statements of the article that STO's main focus to come should be the release of new factions, and building content for these factions.

Hopefully, the "third glance" at STO in a year's time will have more content, especially new content in the Klingon and Romulan factions. Unfortunately, like the author who waited over a year before coming back to play STO due to lack of content, those of us who want to play in a new faction might have to wait for the "third glance" in over a year's time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-03-2011, 02:11 AM
i love how these Reviewers always ignore the difficulty options.

one of my MAJOR gripes about the game when it launched was that it was mind numbing easy.
there was no challenge at all.

for them to completely ignore that a GAME is only fun if you are challenged by it says a lot about these reviewers gameplay style...

if you are not punished, then there is no joy in beating the enemy. (when was the last time you said "yeah i did it!" after destroying ...a Borg Cube? ...a Breen Ship ...?...?...? )
half the time STO feels like "cleaning up the place" ...instead of "epic ship combat"

add to that, that ground combat for some odd reason usually is a lot harder then space... well at least i die a lot more on ground because my health is depleted a lot faster.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I find it amusing that it's an editorial and not a real review, yet on the STO main page it is attributed to TTH and not the author. The quality of the writing emphasizes the fact that it was not penned by a journalist (nor proofread) but, that's immaterial I suppose. Any publicity is good publicity