Lt. Commander
# 21
08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Sad thing about "Klingon numbers" is that it won't go up until there's more content... and the speed at which content is added will be in relation to Klingon numbers...

More klingons = more reason to add stuff...

More stuff = more reasons to play klingon...
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-02-2011, 01:35 AM
It is insulting to see that he Devs add more and more Fed stuff and we stay out of again and again.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't worry guys were getting new uniiforms maybe...

If there's anyone left to buy them....muhahahaha oh wait.

Lt. Commander
# 24
08-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
It is insulting to see that he Devs add more and more Fed stuff and we stay out of again and again.
Well, it seems the Federation has always been the highlight of Star Trek. The other factions show up from time to time. But the Federation is the main focus of Star Trek, in my opinion. Plus from Massively.com it is said that only 18% of the Star Trek population plays KDF. I don't know how accurate that is since I did not read the entire article. But I understand why the Fed side is getting so many updates and the KDF is not getting as much.

I think once Cryptic gets over this content hump that they are dealing with due to the Featured Episodes and the DOFF system the KDF might see more updates coming their way. I saw that more stuff is planned for the KDF based on the engineering report so I am looking forward to it.

For now I will just take my time and enjoy my time leveling my KDF character, which I usually do in any MMO.

Star Trek Online and Champions Online have been called a casual type of game by Cryptic, I think that was when they were still being developed. Meaning that it is to be played at a casual pace instead of trying to blow through the content as fast as possible to get to endgame. I think this is one reason why I have never complained on here about a lack of content since I am taking my time and actually reading the quest dialog. I even repeat certain missions because I loved it so much.

Please note that I am not trying to bash anyone here that is not satisfied with the current state of the game and the lack of content that is being put out. Just saying my opinion and how I view the game.

Off Topic: People will do the same thing in Star Wars: The Old Republic as well and there will be complaining of a lack of content. Even Bioware has said not long ago that they do not and will not cater to those type of players. They have spent all this time, energy and money to create a story driven experience and people just blow right through it without taking their time and enjoying it to get to the end and complain that they can't go no further.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-03-2011, 04:10 AM
The Engineering reports tell us since the 45th day patch that we should get an "enourmus" content add.
There was few we got finally.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post

But, it's probably not worth it to make more Klingon content because there's only (insert low percentage) of players who want to play Klingon....
Thats the same wrong conclusion crytic draws out of this numbers.
For example: I am in a Fed Fleet with 20-30 active members. Lot of them have multible characters. But only 3-5 of them have Klingon alts, even less at LG.
But everytime the topic of Klingon alts comes up in TS the reaction is: "Well playing a Klingon would be nice, but why bother without almost any content", only 2 of them state "I dont care playing Klingon at all", and I guess even those would make a Klingon of the rest of the Fleet spends more time on KDF side.

I for myself play more Fed then KDF although I would rate my BoP over EVERY Fed ship, simply because playing alone and with that little content (including stuff like fitting uniforms) on KDF side is boring.

It is not the players fault = not the low numbers that cause the lack of content, its the lack of content that causes that numbers. And that is Cryptics fault alone.

And still: There is a lot of stuff that could be made available for both to at least slow down the increasment of the gap. Stuff like; said it again and again: Mirrior Universe and Mercenary uniforms, of duty-wear (wich Klingon NPC already use), consoles like the one for the Orberth (just make in possible to purchase the console without the ship from C-Store) ect ect ect.
But also Missions with some slight text changes (especially the missions in Romulan and Cardassian areas) could be addet to KDF side.
And of course the most epic fail EVER stays the Hargh'peng, a fracking KLINGON TORPEDO exclusiely available for feds. Cryptics biggest "f**** you" for whats left of the Klingon playerbase yet.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-03-2011, 08:13 AM
I made an all klingon crew and I am going grind them up to max level...

Just slowly and and when i want a break from my Fed main though, as STO is all about the federation IMO
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp_Core
I made an all klingon crew and I am going grind them up to max level...

Just slowly and and when i want a break from my Fed main though, as STO is all about the federation IMO
Which isn't a good thing. It shows the Dev team has missed the mark.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I think at this point Cryptic would be better off to let the two factions group together for most content rather than keep them as humans and orcs, I mean Feds and KDF...

I have Klingons on my crew, and I wouldn't be opposed to working with one on a common goal. Same goes for Romulans and Ferengi, if either of those ever became a playable faction.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Thats the same wrong conclusion crytic draws out of this numbers.
Um, you took one sarcastic sentence I posted and turned it around.
I'm a devoted Klingon player and I posted that dripping in sarcasum because that seems to be Cryptic's attitude towards the Empire.
Read my entire post again...
But, I totaly agree with you.
If they make it, they will come...