Lt. Commander
I"ve had an ongoing problem with random crashing when on ESD, First City, and some ground maps.

at first i thought it was my video card, then i thought my computer, then i thought my install of the game, etc.

but in the end it all came down to one simple setting change in the ingame options that fixed everything.

I should say that to fix this problem I Tried tweaking almost every video option ingame icluding most of the performance tab, Details tab, and Effects tab, hoping to reduce the amount of videomemory my game was using but it had no effect and then finally I made my way to the Toubleshooting Tab.
Under Troubleshooting in the Video category, there is an option marked "Video Memory Limit." When I set this from "auto" to "1024+ MB," evrything is fine now. it only took a week straight of pouring over the forums to eventually find this out.

So i'm starting this thread just to see if others may find ths works for their problems as well.

And it may fix other problems people may be experiencing. after all when the Option in nquestion is set to auto the game itself decides how much of your video memory to use so anything to do with graphics in the game would be afected by this setting. so despite how much video memory you have the game won't use it.

Hope This Helps A Few of You.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I left mine on auto as i dont have any big issues i may try this to see if i notice any changes though
also anyone know if 1024+ will use my 2048 to its max or just go up top 1024?

i5 650
8gb ram
ati 6970
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjtkirk
I left mine on auto as i dont have any big issues i may try this to see if i notice any changes though
also anyone know if 1024+ will use my 2048 to its max or just go up top 1024?

i5 650
8gb ram
ati 6970
The Setting 1024+ means 1024 or more "+" = "or more"